hdmi cable .

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Sometime ago we fitted a15 metre hdmi cable plus an ixos booster to connect a sky box to a hd television.This gives us a perfect picture but only for several minutes.We then get a lot of crackling and the picture goes off to be replaced with a( no signal message.)

We have tested the ixos on other hd televisions with no problems.The existing cable runs through the wall and floor and will be a major excercise to replace .Is our problem the cable?

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Bearing in mind you mentioned that it works with other televisions, it appears that the problem may be with the television.

Dave75 would hopefully be along soon to offer some expert advice

A

Anonymous

Have you tried taking the Ixos booster out of the equation, we have a 15m HDMI going from our second HDMI out on the AVR and it does not need a repeater/booster.

A

Anonymous

hello markjaspi

without the ixos we get nothing.we are tempted to buy another

more expensive cable to see if that works.

A

Anonymous

hello rs6mra,

I ment that we have tried the ixos with other televisions.

the cable is trapped behind walls so we can,t try it

anywhere else.

p.s you sound like a yamaha owner

A

Anonymous

i have a 10m chord hdmi active and had the same problems i was not using a booster tho on mine my sky hd worked great with 1m up to 5m hdmi but not the 10m i tried the 10m on a few newer sky hd boxes and it worked great on all of those so it was a phone call to sky they agreed to replace the box but could not understand the problems i was having but i showed the engineer my problem and when pluged in the new sky hd all was ok might be worth a try also have you tried using a bluray or other hdmi equiped device on the same cable

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Not a techie but as signal loss occurs over distance could it be that the 'sensitivity' of the TV to the HDMI signal ( Just at Digital TV Tuners can differ) is less than with other models. I have 7.5m, 5m, down to .75m and definetly the shorter the better especially for motion ( Could that be due to speed and consistency of transfer!).

Guessing this as you're TV error message follows the same pattern.

Also make sure it isn't around any power cables, may just be enough at that distance to throw it off.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
The longer the cable gets the less well defined and distinct the waveforms (because that's what they are) that represent the "1s and 0s" become, so it's entirely possible the TV doesn't interpret the signals as well as another might.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts