• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

HDMI ARC and HDMI eARC: everything you need to know

PJBA11

Oct 2, 2020
Unfortunately this is never as simple as its seems.

I purchased a new OLED TV in January to replace a model from the same manufacturer which the original had an optical output providing 24Bit 48 Khz. The new model £1500 has only 16 Bit audio on optical and so I contacted the manufacturer to confirm what bit depth and sample rate the new model could provide from its 'arc' output - I am still waiting a response despite multiple communications suggesting that I read the manual and tech spec which has absolutely no reference to this

Obviously the manufacturer is not concerned about sound quality or customer service?

This isn't a forum to name and shame, however a message to manufacturers "If your to sell technology, please ensure you and your support staff understand it!

jeet

Nov 24, 2020
I have Sony X95G, which has eARC port, will it support Variable Refresh Rate?

Freelivorno

Dec 20, 2020
I have lg cx a and samsung q70t soundbar connected with ultra speed hdmi eternet compatible cable. I see earc on soundbar after activated it on TV setting. My system is 2.1?

Mebel

Jan 17, 2021
Your sound bar package will state what kind of system set up it is. It's a least a 2.1 if it came with a bar and a subwoofer (speaker box)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts