hdmi 1.3?? should i bother

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
a lot of us know about what this does, but why are there no plasmas adopting its use. ??? i really want a plasma but only samsung and sony use it. is it worth waiting for a plasma or should i buy an lcd now or get a plasma without it>>.

A

Anonymous

I am not sure what you mean by 'no plasma adopting it'. The
current crop of critically acclaimed Pioneer plasmas (G8, including PDP-428XD
Supertest Winner) support v1.3 of HDMI from the manufacturers website (http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/62/63/413/PDP-428XD/index.html)
Also, I think that the latest round of Panasonic plasmas also support this
version.

Although, just to note that at the moment there are not many
supporting systems that can make use of the features of v1.3 as there are
almost no HD films that are encoded with Deep Colour and, even worse, why would
you want to output next gen audio formats to your TV? Most screen speakers are
less than 10W and have less than enviable frequency responses, where these
features are more important is in primary decoding and output devices, such as
disc players and AV receivers.

A

Anonymous

good point on the speakers. i am more interested in deep colour. i wish the pioneer was full hd though. i was only really thinking of full hd 42inchers. what do you reckon i should get??? bear in mind i use a lot for ps3games. my biggest concern is movement blur on footie games

A

Anonymous

could anyone also suggest an answer to the question sonyw3000or samsung f86 or a plasma, i have posted
cheers

A

Anonymous

Taking a look at the reviews around at the moment (current WHF 40-42" Super Test), and spending a bit of time in shops looking at TV's (I'm scouting for a Pioneer PDP-428XD at the moment) I think that there are some things that you should take into account:

1) Plasmas generally have better motion handling (due to the technology employed) than LCD. Though current 100Hz settings on LCD's make it a bit more evenly matched.

2) Currently the trade-off with Full HD Plasmas appears to be that the brightness from the plasma 'cells' in the screens seems to be reduced due to the shrinking in 'cell' size to accommodate the larger resolution.

If you can get to a shop have a look at the new Full HD Panasonic Plasmas (TH-42PZ70 and PZ700's). The PZ70 got 5 stars in the Super Test and was noted as having great 'blur free performance'.

A

Anonymous

the pioneer looks awesome. i just want 1080p though. which it aint. the pannys definately dont use hdmi 1.3 though as i emailed them recently

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I wish people on these forums would stop getting so hung up on 1080p when talking about screens of this size as the differnce at a 42"" level is not as big as you may think, have you actually seen whith your own eyes on a screen of this size the differnce between a 768 and a 1080 pannel??? It is marginal at best

A

Anonymous

i know what your saying.. however i sit close to tv when playing ps3

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="vernonkay1984"]i know what your saying.. however i sit close to tv when playing ps3[/quote]

So do I and my 50"" is not 1080p.

A

Anonymous

well maybe u r missin out. otherwise 1080p would not be used on ps3 if there wernt a difference. same for bluray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts