HD wireless sender

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Gerrard might've just got one I think..... Edit - ignore me, was something else entirely - a Linksys

I would of replied sooner JD, but I was ignoring you
emotion-2.gif

Has the magazine ever reviewed it ? Looks like it has some good features for the money. Could you use a DAC to improve the audio quality if you used it as a music server from your pc ? Netgear make good routers, but how good is their sender.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Just had a look on their site again, and it now handles dvd's via a firmware upgrade. No mention of lossless though, so I just sent them an e-mail to find out.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Got a reply, but it still does not support apple lossless. Although the e-mail said that they don't know if it will be added in a firmware update. So I am guessing not by the sounds of it....... knowing Netgear I wouldn't be suprised if a new version of the sender will be released soon. Just look how many routers they release in a year.

For some reason it defaulted to the USA site when I sent the e-mail, and from the dodgy broken english I recieved back I am guessing the tech support is in India. So who knows what will happen. It's a shame we can't ask someone in the know at Netgear for a response.

John Duncan

I guess not too. IIRC, airport sends apple lossless to Airport Express rather than PCM, and the hardware decodes it - so decoding the stream would require opening up the ALAC codec, which I doubt they'll do. If apple made the lossless codec open source, they'd gain more acceptance. I understand why they don't though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts