HD Audio.....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have a 32" Sharp LCD Television, a samsung BD-p150 blu ray player and an xbox 360.

My Tv has 2 hdmi inputs input 1 is the blu ray and input 2 is the xbox.

I want to be able to make the best of the HD audio that blu ray discs have and take my gaming to the next level.

I have read that i will need an amp with hdmi output so that it can decode the HD audio.

I need both the amp and speakers to be able to do this. The cheapest solution is the better one for me also.

Any thoughts on which amplifier and speakers to purchase would be much appreciated.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Any speakers will output HD Audio, although not surprisingly the quality will vary according to the speakers you choose. Kef, Monitor Audio, Dali, Mission and others get votes here. Kef seems to be a pretty reliable bet with several models at various prices points.ÿ

ÿ

For the AVR, depends on budget, but the Yamaha 763, currently around £300, Yamaha 863, around £500 and various Sony, Onkyo, Denon and Pioneer amps will all do HD Audio well at prices between £300 and what can you afford?

ÿ

What is your overall budget?ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

To be honest I don't want to spend more than £400.

I have seen the Sony HT-DDWG800 will this do what i need ??

A

Anonymous

The amp part of this Sony does not decode HD Audio, but if you have a BluRay which will decode (for example the Sony 550 or Pana 55), then you can use it. I am afraid I don't know much about the PS3 to know whether it does decode HD Audio or not.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Prof just a question as to my Set up. Currently have PS3 connected to LCD TV via HMDI, the SKY HD connected to Yamaha RX-V363 Amp via HMDI and optical out. Like u said Prof the PS3 decodes all formats onboard, I was Watching The Dark Knight On Bluray Last night i selected select on the PS3 Controller to see what Audio Format was showing On the TV, it came up as Dolby True HD, and showed Pro Logic on my Yamaha Amp, so have i got my setup right. I also must add when i selected sound Settings in the PS3 menu, i selected Via HMDI and not Dolby Digital, for some reason HMDI is so much better. Thanks.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
It looks to me like the 363 can't accept audio over it's HDMI socket. Thus, the best you can get would be to hook the PS3 up via an optical connection. This will allow you to get the core Dolby Digital / DTS track, but I'm afraid you can't get HD audio from the PS3. In this case therefore, you want to set the PS3 to bitstream over the optical out.

A

Anonymous

Prof i have done that before watching via optical, and in my opinion when watching via Bitstream you just dont get the right Audio. A Classic example is The Hills Have Eyes on Blueray the main Audio on the Disc Is DTS, so what did i do i watched via optical and had Bitstream switched on, you could harly hear the words of the Characters. However when i changed to Linear PCM it was totally Different. Thanks Prof.

A

Anonymous

Hey Guys I have decided to go for the sony HT-SS1300 i know there are better systems available but for the price i think ill be pleased

It does not arrive until next week but i wanted to gind out which settings are the optimum for an xbox 360, a samsung Bd-p150 blu ray player and a wii.

If anyone knows the answer would be much apreciated.

TRENDING THREADS