HD Audio On My Sony 1200ES

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just added the LG BD 390 to my system and connected it to my 1200 ES receiver via the multi channel outputs.When I feed the amp a digital signal the blue lamp on the front of the receiver lights up but should it do so through the analogue inputs? I put on The Dark Knight with it set to output The Dolby True HD Audio track.How do I know if I am receiving the uncompressed audio? The BD 390 is connected to the tv with HDMI and I also have coaxial and optical outputs connected to my receiver and my Cyrus amp.HDMI is set for PCM Audio and the digital outs are set to pass through.

Panasonic 42" HD Ready tv, LG BD 390, PS3, XBox Elite, Sony 1200 ES, Cyrus XPD QX Amp, Cyrus DAD 3Q CD Player, 2x PSXR Power Supplies, Mission 752 Freedom Fronts, Mission Centre, JBL surround, Wharfedale SW250 Sub

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
gaverlad:
I have just added the LG BD 390 to my system and connected it to my 1200 ES receiver via the multi channel outputs.When I feed the amp a digital signal the blue lamp on the front of the receiver lights up but should it do so through the analogue inputs? I put on The Dark Knight with it set to output The Dolby True HD Audio track.How do I know if I am receiving the uncompressed audio? The BD 390 is connected to the tv with HDMI and I also have coaxial and optical outputs connected to my receiver and my Cyrus amp.HDMI is set for PCM Audio and the digital outs are set to pass through.

Panasonic 42" HD Ready tv, LG BD 390, PS3, XBox Elite, Sony 1200 ES, Cyrus XPD QX Amp, Cyrus DAD 3Q CD Player, 2x PSXR Power Supplies, Mission 752 Freedom Fronts, Mission Centre, JBL surround, Wharfedale SW250 Sub

You need to make sure that your settings from your BD player are not hdmi audio and that your receiver is accepting the feed via analogue channels. You should see PCM on your receiver (I think).

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Set up the amp to accept analogue multi -in when Blu Ray is selected. Set up the BDP to output audio via analogue out (on board decoding). You will not see an indicator on the amp as the input is analogue not digital (no blue light, no PCM)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts