HD audio decode confusion

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Need new bluray player and been advised on cambridge azur650bd

Looks like great player but reviews says pictures not quite as good as others, was advised this player as CD playback is fairly important and my amp Yamaha RVX 1400 can't decode HD codecs so i can use analogue inputs

Thing is i have seen some blu ray players with the required built in decoder, but no analogue out's, so can i use digital connection to my amp????

Reason why i am asking is although CD playback is important to me, i would rather just buy a dedicated player for the job, and purchase a bluray with superior picture quality

A

Anonymous

It says on this site not quite the best pics £400 can buy.....

How does the pictures compare to say Pioneer LX52???

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
nickolp:Thing is i have seen some blu ray players with the required built in decoder, but no analogue out's, so can i use digital connection to my amp????

Nope, you can't use the digital inputs and get HD audio - HDMI is the only digital input capable of transmitting the HD audio signals. This is why you need to use the analogue multichannel outputs. Having seen the Cambridge player, it is very good for both picture and sound. I think the reviews which state about picture quality not being good for the money are talking about pure Blu-Ray performance and, for that, one of the much cheaper Sony players rivals it. However, the Sony players will also make a lousy CD player!

Given your need for multichannel outputs for Blu-Ray, I reckon the Cambridge Audio is probably your best bet.

A

Anonymous

Trouble is gonna upgrade to new amp in about 3 months, oh the dilemma and i'm bloody impatient!! WHAT DO I DO??????

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well, if Blu-Ray performance is your main driver, I'd still go for the Cambridge Audio over a separate player like the Sony BDP-S370 and a dedicated CD player. I haven't compared them directly, but when I auditioned the Sony BDP-S570 against my own previous player and the Cambridge against my own player, I thought the Cambridge provided more noticeable improvements, especially sonically.

However, if CD performance is more important, I think you'd be best off getting the Sony Blu-Ray and a separate CD player - a dedicated player at about £250 is likely to outclass the Cambridge for CD playback.

However, this is all my opinion. The best bet would be to get some auditions booked so you can see and hear for yourself.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I would go for that player dude, PQ/SQ is excellent, and build quality poo's
emotion-16.gif
on the Sony's etc
emotion-21.gif

Plus its multi region for dvd out of the box, and it can be modified for multi region bluray with a chip for about £50 or so

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts