HD Audio AV Processors or AV Receivers with pre-outs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm currently running my Audiolab 8000x7 with a processor that I imported from the US. The sound quality is good but I would now like to upgrade to Blu-Ray to make the most of HD audio soundtracks.

Are there any HD capable Processors available yet? And if not, do any of the current crop of AV receivers have 5.1 pre-out capabilities so that I can use them as a pre-amp whilst keeping my Audiolab for power amping duties?

The processor does have 5.1 analogue inputs so I can always go down this path instead but just wanted to know what else is out there

Cheers

Steve

A

Anonymous

G'day vetinry, generally, the mid-to-high-end A/V Receivers have pre-outs. The Onkyo TX-SR875 and new 876 also have pre-outs. Considering your level of equipment, I would recommend a dedicated surround sound processor.

Rotel is bringing out their new "15"-series range, which includes a high-definition surround sound processor, the RSP-1570. I don't know when it will be released over in the UK. I am from Perth, Western Australia. I don't think we will receive this new range until early 2009.

I have been patiently awaiting the NAD M15HD surround sound processor to match my NAD M25 7-channel power amplifier. At the moment, I have an Integra DTR7.8 A/V Receiver as Pre-Amp.

I believe there is an Integra model number ending with 9.9 that is a dedicated surround sound processor, too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts