have you fallen out with WH Smiffs?

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Tried both of their shops in Euston Station today, in need of some quality reading material en route to picturesque Sawndwill and Doodloi in the midlands, and neither had WHFS&V! They had [evil rival #1] and [evil rival #2] and Stuff, and even What Mobile, but not your publication. The sales assistant shrugged and wandered off. I had to make to with working on the train. Not good!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Can't do much about shruggy sales assistants, but the problem could be that we're almost at the end of the shelf-life of the current issue, with the next one due on sale next week.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Yo seem a bit dissappointid mite. I ope yo tuk sum toim ter pop inter Tesco in Crerdlai, weer theyiv got lo-uds uv copies fower yower jernoi owum. Yo cud pop inter Cash Converters for a hoi-foi bargin or two!

Sutherners! Shrugs eloquently.

emotion-5.gif

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Sorry, this forum is strictly non-smirking. Even JD has to go out to the car-park when he wants a tab...

And there was me thinking he was more a Birman type of chap.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
ESP2009:And there was me thinking he was more a Birman type of chap.

No, the pigeons on the windowsill beside his desk are purely coincidental...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Sorry, this forum is strictly non-smirking. Even JD has to go out to the car-park when he wants a tab...

I can imagine it. Crushed velvet smoking jacket, jade cigarette holder, Sobranie Black Russian...

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
chebby:

I can imagine it. Crushed velvet smoking jacket, jade cigarette holder, Sobranie Black Russian...

And one of those very large Ronson table lighters (no jokes please!), of a year gone by

emotion-21.gif

scene

chebby:

Somehow I figured JD as more of a Sobranie Cocktail sort of man...
emotion-5.gif

scene

Andrew Everard:Not saying he spends a lot of time out there, but some people round here seem to think he's some kind of car-park attendant...

JD nips out for a ciggie:
attendant-smoking.jpg

T

the record spot

Oh no, couldn't possibly be. I somehow think the WHFS&V offices are a bit more like this you know...

mad+men.jpg

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Big Aura:Tried both of their shops in Euston Station today, in need of some quality reading material en route to picturesque Sawndwill and Doodloi in the midlands, and neither had WHFS&V! They had [evil rival #1] and [evil rival #2] and Stuff, and even What Mobile, but not your publication. The sales assistant shrugged and wandered off. I had to make to with working on the train. Not good!charing crooss smiths(in station) has one copy left as of about an hour ago

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Far from falling with them, we had a promotion on in a lot of WHSmith stores this month -extra copies at till points etc- which may explain why stocks ran out faster than in other shops.

New issue should be in stock by Friday.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts