Have you ever.....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have you ever gone to a HI Fi and spent a lot more than you intended?

Just after Christmas I decided to upgrade my Arcam A75+ amplifier and Arcam 72 CD player,

I went to my local Hi Fi dealer to audition the new Naim nait5i and tha CD5 player, which I was very impressed with, however out of the corner of my eye I caught sight of the Supernait and had it connected to a pair of B&W CM1s (which I own ) and an Arcam CD73 using its transport only. I had with me a CD compilation of various tracks which were quite difficult to play with lots of ranges which I had made the day before.the results were amazing.

So in the end I ordered the Supernait and will keep the Arcam CD72 and use its transport along with the Amps DAC.

All this led me to think How many others spent a lot more in the Hi Fi dealers shop than they originally intended.

A

Anonymous

Yeah! All part of the fun of hi-fi! When I went to buy my cd-player in Technosound in MK, I thought "Right £180 maximum budget" with that I could get a Onkyo cd-player or a Yamaha cd-player (no idea what models). Then I get on being drawed towards the Arcam CD73 just looking at it and thinking "no idea what this cd player is, but it's real nice". So I just thought "Oh what the hell" and I bought it without trying it or turning it on or even knowing what the damn thing was for £450 (which is a bit steep come to think about it!) The guy goes "you want a demo first surely?" But I was in a bit of a rush, so I said no. For a moment there, I knew what it would be like to be rich! Turns out it was quite a good player after all!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Hughes123"]Yeah! All part of the fun of hi-fi! When I went to buy my cd-player in Technosound in MK, I thought "Right £180 maximum budget" with that I could get a Onkyo cd-player or a Yamaha cd-player (no idea what models). Then I get on being drawed towards the Arcam CD73 just looking at it and thinking "no idea what this cd player is, but it's real nice". So I just thought "Oh what the hell" and I bought it without trying it or turning it on or even knowing what the damn thing was for £450 (which is a bit steep come to think about it!) The guy goes "you want a demo first surely?" But I was in a bit of a rush, so I said no. For a moment there, I knew what it would be like to be rich! Turns out it was quite a good player after all![/quote]

A very good player indeed.

A

Anonymous

Worth the risk I took that's for sure! For a first seperates system, I'm rather fond of it indeed!

A

Anonymous

Every single time i go into a hifi shop!!!

First went in for a Wharfedale Diamond HCP package (£500). Cam out with KEF iQ7's (£600), Kef iQ8ds (£359), Kef Iq2c (£150).

Then went in for some cable 10m. Came out with whole roll of QED micro Biwire (100m) for (£200)

This weekend went in for marantz CD6002 (£270) came out with Roksan Kandy (£600)

I seriously need help...............

A

Anonymous

Oh Man! Aren't we all the same in this case?! You fight your own battle with elements like consciousness, guilt, secret joy, brimming enthusiasm, passion....last but not at all the least, WAF. Still quite miraculously we always end up paying a whole lot for that little extra. Leemal, I guess we all need help bro!

A

Anonymous

I guess thats the case with most people. Most people overshoot when they enter a hi-fi shop :) whether its about time or the money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts