Have decided on the core ... but what speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm putting together a new system, I'm normally a one make guy & have choosen:

Amp - Sony DA5400ES, Blue Ray - Sony 5500ES, DVDR - Sony RDR HXD995 & SKY HD. This will be coupled with either a Philips 42PES001 or a SONY KDL 46 Z4500.

Can anyone assist with a view of a speaker package. I'm looking at KEF KHT 3005SE or B&W MT30 although the wife wants the Bose cubes!

Recommendation?

many thanks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'd personally go for the B&Ws over the KEFs, but would recommend getting an audition to make sure you agree with me! I believe most Sevenoaks stores sell both brands so worth a call to setup a demo if there's one near you, especially given the news (here) that the 3005SE's will be £200 off this weekend!

However, given the amp you're using, you could certainly afford to run speakers of even higher calibre than the B&Ws IMHO.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:
I'd personally go for the B&Ws over the KEFs, but would recommend getting an audition to make sure you agree with me! I believe most Sevenoaks stores sell both brands so worth a call to setup a demo if there's one near you, especially given the news (here) that the 3005SE's will be £200 off this weekend!

However, given the amp you're using, you could certainly afford to run speakers of even higher calibre than the B&Ws IMHO.

Yep, I agree with the Prof. The 5400es will be sitting in 2nd gear with the style speakers. If you don't plan on getting full size speakers, drop down to the 2400es and go for either the B&W's or the Monitor Audio HD Radius package.

TRENDING THREADS