has hi-fi been relegated

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
only asking as on the forum page it's been relegated to number 2, so whats more important to you. 2 channel or multi channel. should the magazine now be called what sound and vision? hi-fi.

A

Anonymous

Yes I was rather offended when i saw we'd been bumped. Frankly I think there's all together too much focus on AV, or not enough on hi-fi.

To be honest I've stopped buying the mag because I find it's less than half Hifi lately and that's not what I want. Moved over to strictly hifi publications instead. I ike whf, wish they'd split it into two books 'cause I'd like to pick it up, just can't bear paying 9 bucks for a book that mostly doesn't have any content for me.

I firmly reckon the book should be called 'what sound and vision'

A

Anonymous

AV is in serious decline, think about it, how many companies make AV amps?, 5 odd, Yamaha, Onkyo, Pioneer, Denon, erm, erm, then look how many new companies are turning to stereo gear, even the Chinese know it, AV is a fad, music lives forever.

A

Anonymous

It's AV's last hoorah before 5.1 is killed off in favour of two channel.

A

Anonymous

Im really not fussy about AV. A decent TV will do me fine. I dearly love my films but I'd prefer to watch them at the cinema rather than try and replicate that experience at home. Still where there is a market.........

A

Anonymous

Maybe it's cos they upgrading the forum, and it gone a bit pear?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JAXON5"]Im really not fussy about AV. A decent TV will do me fine. I dearly love my films but I'd prefer to watch them at the cinema rather than try and replicate that experience at home. Still where there is a market.........[/quote]

I dearly love my films and that is why I can no longer go to the cinema. Teenagers chatting on their mobiles, other people having conversations and, best of all last time I think, someone who absolutely reeked sitting next to us meaning we had to watch the film with our shirts over our faces to breathe.

Thanks, but I'll stick to my own living room with a decent home cinema setup from now on!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Paulthefilmfan"]Maybe it's cos they upgrading the forum, and it gone a bit pear?[/quote]

That's the correct answer!

Honestly no 'strategy' - and by the way, we still cover more two channel products every month than any other magazine, and will continue to do so.

A

Anonymous

I thought so! as I do graphic design and that sorta thing happens a lot when you upgrading things. Well i cant wait til it is complete and I hope it still retains it's ease of use etc.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I think sandwich boards were being prepared...
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="professorhat"]
Teenagers chatting on their mobiles, other people having conversations and, best of all last time I think, someone who absolutely reeked sitting next to us meaning we had to watch the film with our shirts over our faces to breathe.

Thanks, but I'll stick to my own living room with a decent home cinema setup from now on!
[/quote]

Fair enough but don't let some chavs spoil the experience for you all the time. Have you been to the curzon cinemas in Soho or Mayfair?? The one in Soho is the best I've ever been to.
emotion-2.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="professorhat"]I think sandwich boards were being prepared...
emotion-1.gif
[/quote]

Gosh if Clare hadn't revealed it was a foul-up somewhere and Shadow Ministers weren't doing such bizarre things, we might have made the front page of the Daily Mail.

A

Anonymous

I would still be better news than some of the rubbish thats printed in there.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Paulthefilmfan"]I would still be better news than some of the rubbish thats printed in there.[/quote]

Do they have news in the Daily Mail, too? Must be hidden somewhere between the immigrants stealing all our jobs/women/hospital beds/zimmer frames, the secret heartbreak of someone who was on TV in the 1960s, the exclusive story of Lord Kitchener's mistress (untold for 100 years) and the adverts for walk-in baths and comfortable shoes.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="raypalmer"] I ike whf, wish they'd split it into two books[/quote]

Anyone remember VTV?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="professorhat"]Sounds like you're a regular reader, Andrew...![/quote]

No, but there are usually copies floating around the office, as there are of all the other papers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts