Has anyone actually got / seen a GT60 yet???

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Seems to be only online stores advertising but none say in stock....have Panasonic delivered any yet I wonder?

i would expect to have seen user reviews buy now.....or am I missing something?

D

Deleted member 2457

I was thinking the same thing about an hour ago! Could really do with some pictures too.

D

Deleted member 2457

The buzzing seems to be back:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-tvs/1764721-panasonic-gt60-owners-thread-part1-2.html

Plasma buzzing is dependent on the brightness of the picture.... & tends to get worse when rendering brighter images. What that person is experiencing is a buzz coming from the power plug, which can happen with any electrical appliance when not properly earthed.

This is what he has stated:

"my 42' gt50 was perfectly acceptable i could only ever hear it buzz on very bright backgrounds with the sound on mute, so i think you should get a better panel, although my 50' is buzzing like mad on everything so annoying!"

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
And this:

"Not all positves though, my screen has a distinct buzz from the power supply."

Think I got it. Cheers.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
And this:

"Not all positves though, my screen has a distinct buzz from the power supply."

Presumably the poster isn't referring to a wall socket or mains cable. The buzz must therefore be emanating from the TV.

The TV draws more power when displaying bright images and it's the capacitor (or capacitors) that buzz. These capacitors are part of the TV's internal power circuitry.

As I understand it, the source of the buzz here is no different from any other plasma; and the "power supply" comment is redundant. Internal power circuitry is always the cause of plasma buzz. In other words, the poster must be describing normal plasma buzzing.

D

Deleted member 2457

Joe Cox said:
We've seen one! Watch this space... :)

Can you answer the big question, VT65 or GT60? What do you think.
smiley-smile.gif

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
About time Joe! :grin:

could do me/us a favour and if not covered in the review (Asuming that's what you meant and your not just on a wind up!) and post an opinion on how much better than a GT50 and the VT65 it is? And news on a release date?

theres a few of us who would really like the advice so we can choose what to do with our GT50's......which may be worth keeping as its now half price....

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
We can't yet but of course will answer all your questions ASAP. It only arrived in the building at the end of last week but it's high priority!

D

Deleted member 2457

It is certainly taking a long time to get in shops! I guess it is due to the delay in announcing this model.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I think you are right bb, it's a bit cheeky advertising on pricerunner for early orders, prc obviously know it's going to be launched soon, i wouldn't be surprised if it's at the end of the month.

D

Deleted member 2457

They have it here:

http://www.panastore-north.co.uk/3d/517-txp42gt60.html

dtugarte

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have ordered a 50 inch from direct tvs yesterday says on the website delivery from 21st may so fingers crossed I will get it some time next week.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts