Has anybody got an opinion on M&K KX12 Subwoofer?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anybody got an opinion on this subwoofer, I am replacing a SW150, and until funds allow an investment in a much better one, this seems like it would be a decent step up.

I have been demoing a ASW610, but this would be £200 more than the M&K and I was not overly impressed.

I will not have a chance to demo one as the retailer selling is not local to me.

My room is 3.6m x 5.8M, and is full of hard surfaces, i.e. wooden floors, plastered walls, I have invested in a number of large cushions and dense curtains (which will be implace after decorating this weekend) but the room is quiet boomy and reflective.

Any thoughts on this sub would be great!!

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I find it a great sub. If you can get it for under £300 you will be getting exceptional value for money as well. My dealer compared it to the MK SB12 for performance. With my first set up a few years ago my first sub was ok but when i got my first MK sub a KX9 which said discover deep bass that is exactly what i did and all of a sudden i got the sub love.

A

Anonymous

How does it line up against the RSW12 ? Is it on par?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Roughly on par, give or take. The MK is better at punch. The RSW12 will probably produce a little more sub bass, but will be softer. If you had either at home, you'd be extremely happy.

A

Anonymous

WHAT AM I DOING!!!!!

I am about to buy some RX6 and I have a RSW12, I am sure both together will create some amazing base.

Just cant pass up deals

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Stop worrying! Your sub is fine
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:

Stop worrying! Your sub is fine
emotion-1.gif

Nah was just going to buy this as well... LOL.

But need to save for a amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts