Harmony 555 Remote

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well I have been waiting for the Harmony One to be on special offer for too long so I have just ordered a Harmony 555 from Amazon for £39.80 delivered.

Ok its not got the docking station therefore not rechargable but hopefully batteries will last a while , and for that price ?

No brainer

A

Anonymous

Just ordered one of these for the £39.90. Couple of friends have it and love it.

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I picked up one of these today in local Currys, (Dublin)- they were selling them off, Managers Special ?35
emotion-2.gif

Just missed out on the Harmony One- giving them away at ?50!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Hmmm, arrived tonight and I spent ages trying to get my Cyrus CD8SE to work with the power on/off, including retraining twice to no avail.

Anyone else successfully set one up please? I even changed CD8SE to CD8 in the settings.
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Graham a few questions:

When you say the power on/off doesn't work, you mean when you start an activity it doesn't bring the Cyrus out of standby and when you press the Harmony's power off button it doesn't switch the Cyrus back to standby ?

Do you have the original remote for your Cyrus ? Also, when adding the device, have you tried inputting 'CD-8SE' as your model number ?

A

Anonymous

Just to butt in. One of the posters said you could use rechargable batteries. The voltage on AAA rechargables is 1.2v and they don't work. Normal AAAs are 1.5v. I tried it several months ago. On the plus side, a good set of batteries will last around 6 months. Cracking deal on this remote by the way.

A

Anonymous

Might have been a duff set of batteries then. I'm off as we speak to check again. Cheers. I'll post back my findings.

A

Anonymous

THE_FORCE:
Graham a few questions:

When you say the power on/off doesn't work, you mean when you start an activity it doesn't bring the Cyrus out of standby and when you press the Harmony's power off button it doesn't switch the Cyrus back to standby ?

Do you have the original remote for your Cyrus ? Also, when adding the device, have you tried inputting 'CD-8SE' as your model number ?

Yep on three counts and used 'help' and trained the Harmony from the original twice........
emotion-6.gif

Do you mean type in the 'dash'? Thanks for your help.

A

Anonymous

Graham_Thomas: Yep on three counts and used 'help' and trained the Harmony from the original twice........
emotion-6.gif
Do you mean type in the 'dash'? Thanks for your help.

Have you used the Adjust Setup (Troubleshoot) option? Sometimes you need to play around with the sensitivity settings and delay values.

Most kit seem to work straight away with my Harmony, but in the past I've found Cambridge Audio gear to be a right royal PITA to get set-up correctly.

Failing that their technical help guys (based in Canada, I think) are very good.

A

Anonymous

Tried that too. I've emailed the technical support now. Thanks for all your help. I'll report back once working. I'm determined to get it working!

Regards

*Update: Sorted, thanks all. Had to 'teach from raw' for the power button.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts