Harman Kardon or Marantz

FahadAhmed

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I live in a country where Hi Fi options are limited and the number of dealers are also very limited. Currently I use a Marantz 5004 CD player and a Yamaha AV amp to power my Mission 34i floor standers. To make my CDs sound better, i was looking into integrated amps. Now my Hi Fi delaer has a Harman Kardon HK 980 and Marantz PM 7004 i can chose from. (The marantz costs about 200 GBP higher) He has a few other options but doesn't make sense for the price. I listen to Rock and Roll mostly. Please help me chose.

Goldsmith

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I feel marantz will be a better choice. However pls have a look at Yamaha s500 integrated amplifier. Which should be lesser than marantz.

Goldsmith

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I feel marantz will be a better choice. However pls have a look at Yamaha s500 integrated amplifier. Which should be lesser than marantz.

k77stan

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
i listen to metal and heavy rock and tried the HK980 but didnt like it really,there was not enough bass for that type of music,so unless you add a sub..my old sony amp blew the hk out of the water though it has a loudness button which helped.plenty of detail,but not enough 'ooomph' for me..that said u might like the hk.best thing to do is to demo it with your speakers..rock on :rockout:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts