Hardwearing headphones, sennheiser suggestions?

bluegirl

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
My headphones, Sennheiser Urbanite XL, finally died on me, I've had them for 4+ years and i'm now looking for a new pair.
Obviously now is not the time to be able to try any out in person so I'm hoping someone can give me some advice?

I'm looking for some hardwearing, over ear, close back, headphones. Wireless option is nice but I mainly use them wired, for calls especially, so in line mic/ control is preferred. They've got to be comfortable cos I wear them like 6/7hrs a day during work.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been looking at Sennheiser HD569 or Momentum 2 wired (if I can find a pair online). I don't have a brand loyalty, I just like the pair I had so started there.

It would be really helpful if anyone could tell me what they're like irl, or any others I should look at, i've got about £200
Thanks!

Gray

My headphones, Sennheiser Urbanite XL, finally died on me, I've had them for 4+ years and i'm now looking for a new pair.
Obviously now is not the time to be able to try any out in person so I'm hoping someone can give me some advice?

I'm looking for some hardwearing, over ear, close back, headphones. Wireless option is nice but I mainly use them wired, for calls especially, so in line mic/ control is preferred. They've got to be comfortable cos I wear them like 6/7hrs a day during work.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been looking at Sennheiser HD569 or Momentum 2 wired (if I can find a pair online). I don't have a brand loyalty, I just like the pair I had so started there.

It would be really helpful if anyone could tell me what they're like irl, or any others I should look at, i've got about £200
Thanks!
I'm quite a fan of Sennheiser, but I've also had good Beyer and AKG wired closedbacks. Point is, headphones are quite a personal thing in terms of sound - and, not least, comfort. One person's like is another's (often strong) dislike.
When you say yours have 'died', not just the cable is it?
Sennheiser pride themselves on the fact that all parts are replaceable....so even if your earpads are worn.....worth checking spares prices maybe?
Otherwise, if you really do want new, either of the 2 Senns you mentioned are likely to be OK. (The Momentum seems to get good reviews).

scene

I'm also a fan of Sennheisers. I like the look of the over ear momentums, and may well get some when funds allow...

At the moment I'm waiting for pads to come back in stock for my HD 520s Which I've had since 1985/6 - now that's longevity :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts