Happy XMAS to me

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Well, after demoing speakers and the Naim DAC, today I walked home with..........................

A black Sonos S5!!!!! Sounds fantastic for the bedroom :), plus set it up in about 10seconds. Damn Sonos is easy :)

Plus deposit paid for the REGA DAC (blind purchase better be good!!)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
True Blue:Well, after demoing speakers and the Naim DAC, today I walked home with..........................

A black Sonos S5!!!!! Sounds fantastic for the bedroom :), plus set it up in about 10seconds. Damn Sonos is easy :)

I know you liked the Naim DAC when you heard it the other day. I assume you didn't like it as much as £2000.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
That plus it was far too revealing of the weaknesses of my R3's, also no grey snaic so was tested with HILINE which would have put the price up to £2500.

As well as the speakers @ £1500, twas far far far too much money, ideal yes, affordable no.

Got a nice ex dem pair of cans to go with my Sonos S5 and am chuffed to bits.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
True Blue:Damn Sonos is easy :)

emotion-21.gif
It is isn't it?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:True Blue:Damn Sonos is easy :)
emotion-21.gif
It is isn't it?

Absolutely "the_lhc" and apologies for the condescending tone yesterday, was not intended :)

A

Anonymous

Nice! i hope its worth the wait, let us know how it fairs True Blue, I was going to get one but i waited so long the money burnt a hole in my pocket and i got a Naim XS instead.

Merry Xmas
emotion-22.gif

A

Anonymous

True Blue:
Well, after demoing speakers and the Naim DAC, today I walked home with..........................

Ahh True blue, how are you? have you changed your setup? a Rega DAC??? Whats goin on!!!..p.s just picked up a nice AA Donizetti for my setup today!!!. Great news for me been searching all year for a second hand one! LOL

And a Merry Christmas too you sir!!!

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Dave, merry XMAS to you, no still got the old TT / CDP and pre power, however running sonos in via Beresford Caiman so am "upgrading that" as I love the sound of the Saturn and the rega DAC is an improved verion of the Saturns DAC. May even end up using the Saturn as transport. Cant see me buying another CDP now.

jockey.wilson

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
TB,

Looking to change my Cyrus Pre for a Naim NAC 202 in a couple of months. This will leave me DACless! I was considering the Rega DAC as a cheaper option to the Naim DAC. I will be very interested to hear how you get on with it with your pre-power...keep us updated thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts