Handbrake Query

mooota1514

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Having bought a Sony Smart TV, along with a Panasonic DVD Recorder recently, I've had a problem with viewing video recorded to DVD+RW from a second TV and recorder in another room. Viewing on the new machines the video plays in 4.3 format instead of 16.9. Seems Panasonic has a thing about + discs, even tried another brand.

However, all is not lost, the Smart Sony has a USB port which supports mp4 format only. So, after a bit of research I discovered Handbrake held the answer, converting content of DVD+RW to mp4 on a USB flash drive solved the problem.

Except, the mp4 played in 4.3 format and I need 16.9 for a 46 inch TV. Back to the drawing board and after much trial and error fiddling with settings, trawling the internet for help I'm now able to convert to 16.9. Problem solved.

When trawling, finding people with the same problem, most of the time a remedy given is 'Keep Aspect Ratio checked'.

Handbrake guide says, " When Keep Aspect Ratio is checked, HandBrake will link the height and width so that the picture is never distorted from its original aspect ratio."

Strange, can I hell see a setting 'keep aspect ratio checked' in my version. Then came across a picture of setting different to mine. So my question is, do I have the correct version of Handbrake, (0.9.9.5470 64bit version),? From the images below I have no.2.

Can anyone cure my curiosity? Attached Thumbnails

TRENDING THREADS