Half price Kuros! Dodgy website?

A

Anonymous

Sounds dodgy to me!

Link removed for house rules violation - Mods

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Just been through registration, and tried to checkout, and despite there being a Paypal logo on the site, and a greyed-out set of panels for a credit card number on the payment page, the only payment option you can select is Western Union Wire Transfer.

I think I'd give it the swerve...

A

Anonymous

Western Union - [EDITED BY MODS for gross generalisation]. Nope, sorry, you're not scamming me. though a KRP500A for £1200 would be good. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Wow. What a bargain! I wonder if I can do a transfer direct from the account of my recently deceased great uncle (whom I just learned of in an unsolicited email from a central banker in a remote African republic) - apparently there is $27,000,000 just waiting to be claimed!
emotion-5.gif

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Big Aura:Wow. What a bargain! I wonder if I can do a transfer direct from the account of my recently deceased great uncle (whom I just learned of in an unsolicited email from a central banker in a remote African republic) - apparently there is $27,000,000 just waiting to be claimed!
emotion-5.gif

Good grief, we must be related.Thats $13,500,000 each. Assume its USD?

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Here's their response to my email...

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Marwint Customer Service. My name is Quinlan and I will be happy to help you.
All our products are brand new current UK models with at least 1 years manufacturer's warranty (unless otherwise noted).
The product you are interested in, Pioneer PDPLX5090 Plasma TV is brand new, factory sealed, complete with all factory supplied accessories, and comes with 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty.
For a limited time, Marwint offers this promotional price and 2 days free shipping on orders over £399.
When using our online ordering, the price at the time that you place your order is the final price, even if the price is change after the order is placed.
If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please contact us at http://marwint.com

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I noticed that one too. Ha!

Dodgy, again. Tel/Fax: 208-588-0618 * We do not take orders by phone anymore. We always respond to emails!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Pindi:
Yeah, I noticed that one too. Ha!

Dodgy, again. Tel/Fax: 208-588-0618 * We do not take orders by phone anymore. We always respond to emails!

That phone number is a recruitment company in Kingston, Surrey - not an electrical retailer in Sussex.

So it seems that's false, too...

A

Anonymous

Complete con.

This is the Companies House info for Marwint Ltd - you can see the company was dissolved in 2008. The Marwint website gets the postcode wrong as well.

Name & Registered Office:
MARWINT LIMITED
OAKFIELD HOUSE, 35 PERRYMOUNT
ROAD, HAYWARDS HEATH
WEST SUSSEX
RH16 3BW
Company No. 06079450

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Date of Incorporation: 02/02/2007

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

nads

Domain Name: marwint.com
Created on .............2009-03-29-18.04.45.321000
Expires on .............2010-03-29-18.04.45.000000
Record last updated on .2009-03-29-18.05.38.980000
Status .................ACTIVE

It is also a very new site.

A

Anonymous

Will Harris:Western Union - [EDITED BY MODS for gross generalisation]. Nope, sorry, you're not scamming me. though a KRP500A for £1200 would be good. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

Yeah, sorry about that.

Isn't it around about this point that you contact the police, send them a link to the site and let them go about having it shut down, before some poor unsuspecting soul, does go for it?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Let's not forget Kuro stock is scarce enough for gnuine dealers, so there's no chance any one else will be getting any. Plus, the KRP500A's are now discontinued and no more available. Expect other models to follow very shortly.

There's very little stock to clear out, so anybody advertising a price that seems too good to be true, will be.

A

Anonymous

Will Harris:Western Union - [EDITED BY MODS for gross generalisation]. .

My favourite Mod...ever
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

andyb190:
Will Harris:Western Union - [EDITED BY MODS for gross generalisation]. .

My favourite Mod...ever
emotion-21.gif

Before, or after?

TRENDING THREADS