Guitar Hero Hi-Fi?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Before you think I'm crazy, check this out...

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/09/18/fans-complain-after-death-magnetic-sounds-better-on-guitar-hero-than-cd/

So, while playing Guitar Hero World Tour with my nephew this evening (only through the television's speakers, and as bass not guitar), I couldn't help but notice the pitch definition and bass quality of the tracks played through the TV speakers. I've recently been frustrated by my B&W 684's lack of bass definition, they have the punch, just not definition, and this frustrated me further. Playing a testing album such as The Flaming Lips "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots," makes me sick. Something in my system, whether it is the Arcam A70 or the B&W 684's (although I'm accusing the speakers because of the nice bass played through my headphones), is tainting the tonality of the bass. Since I listen to a lot of new music in addition to some older quality CD's, perhaps I have found my system's kryptonite?

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
I have guitar hero world tour here on ps3 played through denon av 2106 and was surprised just how good it sounds and i enjoy most of the tracks............With reference to bw684 i didnt think that acram suited them, ca is better but nad proved even better. 9also thought bw 685 superior to bw684 just my opinion) but guiter hero very good indeed (my 16 year old has taken over the lounge room and hifi !!!!!!)

A

Anonymous

I've auditioned both the speakers (B&W 684 & 685) together and
I found the 685 had a slightly more open sound with slightly better
clarity and definition where the 684 had a more powerful sound with
quite a bit more in the bass department. Also agreed, Arcam isn't the
best for those B&Ws. Try to get an amp other than an arcam (home demo or borrow)
and test it with your speakers whilst keeping the rest the same--see if
it give the sound a bit of definition and clarity.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts