Group Test Request

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

How about a group test What Hi-Fi, based on active vs passive set-ups?? To keep it brief, I've read a massive amount about AVI's new ADM 9.1's and seen many of the huge claims being made about them ( on their website for example, that they'll out-perform ANY 2-way passive speaker ). Having heard them myself, I feel they are very good, but I have not yet seen them up against anything in a group test, and wonder just how they'll get on based on these very confident claims. With hi-fi moving towards computers / hard discs more and more, they are a convenient system and I think the test would be very relevent to the current market. Perhaps you could include Meridians 3100 actives and perhaps some PMC's too - put them all up against a wide price spread of good quality passive speakers (perhaps staying with standmount models would make it an even more direct comparison too). Should you struggle getting hold of the AVI's for a group test, I'm sure the owner of the pair I have heard would only too happily lend them to you! Hope you can help.

Thanks

Martin

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andy !

I think the PMC's I'm thinking of are powered passive, but would still be good to have a manufacturer like PMC in there .....

A

Anonymous

I think WHF already gave these 5 stars, so the new version, being better, would get 6, I assume.

http://whathifi.com/Review/AVI-ADM9/

What they've written seems consistent with any other review, that they compete with much more expensive separates, and the internal DAC is about the same or as good as more expensive ones too.

They are an absolute bargain but a very interesting product because there has been so much resistance online, so I can see from my Google search.

A

Anonymous

Having heard them, I agree they are a very good speaker. I'd just like to see how they'd compare head to head with some amp / speaker set-ups, and whether put against something like a Acoustic Energy AE1 or Proac Response D Two they really are better than any two way passive speaker as AVI claim. It would give a real indication as to their value and whether this is the way to go in the future for other manufacturers too.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I heard them at the show with Naim electronics and I was very impressed (I was in there for a long time). The sound is full with energy and great bass but the box shape is odd and the flashing light is very very annoying. IMO I rated them higher than AE1 classic but not mk 3.

A

Anonymous

Hi Thaiman - whiich speakers did you hear at the show ?? Blue flashing light ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts