great cheap little dac, silverstone EB01

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
bought this the other day and must say that i love it, sounds great if not very loud with my set up......anybody after a usb dac should give this a look.....burr brown too....ive had a look at most of them, dacmagic, v dac and the chord chordett and they all got sent back. this cost me £58 in silver and its a keeper even though it doesnt have all the features the others mentioned do.

stephen

A

Anonymous

This sounds very interesting but have looked on-line and can only find very positive reviews, but no-where to buy it..? Anybody know where it can be found ? Thanks

A

Anonymous

mine was in silver which was £16 cheaper than the black one, no idea why this should be but the silver ones have gone now it looks like, i think i had the last one. it sounds good, well worth the money...ive taken the feet off so it stands on its side and doeant take up much room, very well built.

used it last night to watch a dvd and a blu ray on my pc using my hi fi for sound and it does the job with no problems really, could be a little bit louder thats all

stephen

opium

May 30, 2010
Visit site
hi,

can u describe the kind of sound, can i expect full bodied, agile, well bass authority/timing. also whether power supply is external or through usb

thx

A

Anonymous

it is usb only, erm sound...lets see warm and musical is what i would say bass is round not too sure about timing its is not a harsh sound anyway

A

Anonymous

stephenmacks:it is usb only, erm sound...lets see warm and musical is what i would say bass is round not too sure about timing its is not a harsh sound anyway
It's strange that the black box version is so much more expensive...but that would probably look better for my requirements anyway...bit concerned about the volume tho...you think that is more to do with your PC or set-up or just characteristic of it's spec? Are you using it with a laptop or desktop PC?

A

Anonymous

i think i is more to do with specs, i use it with a pc and a netbook......some reviews have remarked about the volume, ive got a david gray dvd on now and the volume is fine ive got abit to play with, windows it on max and so is cyberlink with is what its supposed to be and my amp is about 40%, sounds fine

A

Anonymous

stephenmacks:i think i is more to do with specs, i use it with a pc and a netbook......some reviews have remarked about the volume, ive got a david gray dvd on now and the volume is fine ive got abit to play with, windows it on max and so is cyberlink with is what its supposed to be and my amp is about 40%, sounds fine

And what kind of amp are you using? sorry to be a pain !!

A

Anonymous

no problem, im using a fatman itube carbon which is 25w per channel with mezzo 2 speakers

A

Anonymous

stephenmacks:no problem, im using a fatman itube carbon which is 25w per channel with mezzo 2 speakers

Not too familiar with that type of Valve amp but would suspect that is the explanation for the volume issue then or am I completely wrong? But that would also help with creating such a nice warm rounded sound too tho I guess?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts