Great blog on hifi

LDTM

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Cheers for that, makes for some good light reading. On the subject of wear with regards to speakers, our lifestyle used to be a case where we would be overseas for three or four months at a time and I could have sworn that everytime I came back my speakers sounded a bit 'thin'. After a couple of days things seemed to calm down a bit - always thought it was just psychoacoustics...

Happened to read the article lower down regarding 'safe' listening levels. The WHO suggests eight hours at 85dB is safe?! Lord above, that would give me such a headache. Some music on at the moment (European Jazz Trio - very niceah) floating around 65-70dB and that's plenty for now. Whilst sitting on the commuter train watching all the people buried in their smartphones, a good number of them have earbuds in and I've always wondered exactly how loud they have their volume controls set.

SteveR750

I'm going to go all Trev now, but the polymers used in speakers have stable mechanical properties at room temps. I've never noticed my plastic shoes going stiff through lack of use either, proided they are kept clean, I suspect it's all in the head I'm afraid.

Whether burning in occurs or not might be down to the design and build quality of the drive units, I have noticed it with cheap units, such as car stereos, but the ATCs sound the same now as they did the day I opened the box.

LDTM

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
I suspect it's all in the head I'm afraid.

Gee, thanks...just when I thought I could uncheck one of my neuroses. Can't you let us have this one just for a wee bit? You're no fun at all *beee*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts