Graphic Equializer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does high end user of hi fi components uses graphic equalizer? the reason i ask, I am using a 10 band yamaha graphic equalizer. it is connected to a yamaha integrated amp. i find a distinct clarity when i listen music. But when i listen music directly from the amp bypassing the equalizer, the sound clarity goes off. Can a good CD player and a good amp + pre amp give a good sound clarity?

T

the record spot

Hi Wasim, audiophile belief is that equalisers are not good because they supposedly get in the way of how your system processes and delviers an accurate reproduction of the sound. However, they can be a good way or tweaking sound quality to suit your tastes. If you want to buy a CDP or amp which will do this without the equaliser, then the likes of Cambridge Audio enjoy a brighter sound. Be awaqre though, that a combination of too many electronics with a brighter sound character will tip the balance towards harshness and induce listening fatigue (where it becomes uncomfortable to listen for extended periods of time).

The skill of any good equipment design is to come up with a good detailed and clear sound, without becoming either too harsh or too warm. Active speakers are another consideration, but that would involve a system overhaul which doesn't sound like necessarily being what you're after.

Wasim:Does high end user of hi fi components uses graphic equalizer? the reason i ask, I am using a 10 band yamaha graphic equalizer. it is connected to a yamaha integrated amp. i find a distinct clarity when i listen music. But when i listen music directly from the amp bypassing the equalizer, the sound clarity goes off. Can a good CD player and a good amp + pre amp give a good sound clarity?

Pretty much as The Record Spot mentioned: Worth considering that even if you get the tonal balance spot on with modern amps you'll find that you gain a little versatility with the equaliser, especially on old mono 7" singles (or any recording that's fairly poor), but may lose out on a natural presentation. Either way, it's about striking the right balance.

Just as an experiment, try to disconnect the equaliser altogether and see whether that makes any difference. Probably won't, but I'll be interested to find out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts