Graham Slee Solo/Novo with Sennheiser HD650, Denon 5000s

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm currently running the headphones with Headroom Micro Dac and Amp. Tried musical fidelity HPA as well as Peactree audio, and wasn't really impressed.

Just wondering how the Solo or the Novo would sound like (Can't audition them in the US), and whether it's worth paying the extra $150 to go from the Novo to the Solo.

Also, for a person who likes the Naim/Rega sound, would a tube amp be any good?

A

Anonymous

Also, What would be a good DAC to go listen to with the Graham Slee? The Arcam rDac maybe?

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
in slightly the same position as you mate

ive got sen hd 600 . got teh mf v-dac atm and use my pc for music .. my senns are currently plugged into a nad 315 bee , i'm about to take possession of the gs solo next week .

i was originally going to upgrade the dac first , but the dealer said id be betetr off doing the headphone amp for a bigger performance gain .. i'll definately be getting teh rega dac next tho ( or the audiolad dac only version of teh 8200cdq when it comes out )

A

Anonymous

I wasn't thinking of spending that much for the DAC, but it makes sense. I normally use my headphone while working, on my computer, so it will be hard to justify another $1000 for another dac for the home office, plus something similar at work.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Not heard either the Senn's or the Solo, but Sennheiser use (or certainly have used) the Solo to demo the 650's at various shows etc.

They are a very popular package offered by dealers here in the UK, undoubtedly on the back of the above which they are also very keen to mention.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts