Grado SR80x

Lossless Jeff

Aug 13, 2021
Visit site
It begs the question:

With the SR80x being so good, are the SR325x worth more than double the price tags? Even more if you're also going to get new earpads with the latter.

Are we getting only metal casing, or significantly better sound with the SR325x?

Tamada

Aug 14, 2021
Visit site
It's a personal taste, but leaky headphones kind of beat the purpose of headphones. Headphones are for isolating you from external sound as much as isolating the others from your sound.
So that you don't impose your music to your office colleagues, or partner, or fellow commuters.

Which brings the question, are there any good closed headphones that are as comfortable on the long run, and performant, as opened ones ?

Reactions: Lossless Jeff
It begs the question:

With the SR80x being so good, are the SR325x worth more than double the price tags? Even more if you're also going to get new earpads with the latter.

Are we getting only metal casing, or significantly better sound with the SR325x?
Hasn’t that been the case ever since the 80 and 325 were available? For my limited use, I find the earlier SR80e to be great, and the quirky design is appealing too.
I have only listened to the 325 at shows, but I dare say they offer enhanced range and subtlety in the right system.

Reactions: Lossless Jeff
Which brings the question, are there any good closed headphones that are as comfortable on the long run, and performant, as opened ones ?
There are some headphone experts who contribute here, but you should look through the WHF reviews for some pointers.

Personally, I’ve never liked closed models, though I own some closed AKG, but I’m old enough to remember the old Koss ‘head crushers’ from the 1970s. When Sennheiser came along with the HD414, not only did they sound like music rather than tea cups, but they were blissfully comfortable too.

doifeellucky

It begs the question:

I’ve had the 325x since just after launch, combined with the Zen DAC V2. Compared with cheaper headphones, up to £250, direct from my phone, I really don’t notice a significant difference, even with hi-res files. I was expecting something special but am decidedly underwhelmed. For anyone on the fence I honestly wouldn’t recommend either. I do like the soundstage due to the fact they’re open back, but the comfort isn’t great with the new pads.

Lossless Jeff

Aug 13, 2021
Visit site
I’ve had the 325x since just after launch, combined with the Zen DAC V2. Compared with cheaper headphones, up to £250, direct from my phone, I really don’t notice a significant difference, even with hi-res files. I was expecting something special but am decidedly underwhelmed. For anyone on the fence I honestly wouldn’t recommend either. I do like the soundstage due to the fact they’re open back, but the comfort isn’t great with the new pads.
Thank you for this valuable feedback.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts