Graaf

Macspur

Well-known member
May 3, 2010
77
0
18,540
Hi,

I don't suppose too many people have any knowledge of Graaf amps, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Found someone selling a Graaf 13.5BMkII preamp and GM200OTL power at a very good price... not really interested in the power amp and the guy has told me to make him an offer he can't refuse for the 13.5.

Firstly, would this be a good match with the IA4 and secondly, any idea what a reasonable offer would be for me to make?

Cheers

Mac
 

acalex

New member
Sep 13, 2011
73
0
0
Macspur said:
Hi,

I don't suppose too many people have any knowledge of Graaf amps, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Found someone selling a Graaf 13.5BMkII preamp and GM200OTL power at a very good price... not really interested in the power amp and the guy has told me to make him an offer he can't refuse for the 13.5.

Firstly, would this be a good match with the IA4 and secondly, any idea what a reasonable offer would be for me to make?

Cheers

Mac
Mac, I actually listened today to a Graaf 13.5 MKII preamp and the dealer said this is his reference preamp and he would never resell it...I also heard it connected to the Pathos monoblocks and was very impressed. Not sure what a fair offer would be...sorry
 

Macspur

Well-known member
May 3, 2010
77
0
18,540
acalex said:
Macspur said:
Hi,

I don't suppose too many people have any knowledge of Graaf amps, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Found someone selling a Graaf 13.5BMkII preamp and GM200OTL power at a very good price... not really interested in the power amp and the guy has told me to make him an offer he can't refuse for the 13.5.

Firstly, would this be a good match with the IA4 and secondly, any idea what a reasonable offer would be for me to make?

Cheers

Mac
Mac, I actually listened today to a Graaf 13.5 MKII preamp and the dealer said this is his reference preamp and he would never resell it...I also heard it connected to the Pathos monoblocks and was very impressed. Not sure what a fair offer would be...sorry
Hmmm, interesting, very interesting Alex... another high end Italian make you know! did wonder if you might come across this make in view of your penchant for

all things produced in that beautiful country.

Any more to report on the Pathos yet?

Cheers

Mac
 


Nice amps although probably better running as a pair than feeding a Sugden but you'd have to listen for yourself.

I do recall this preamp selling for around 2800 euros in the past suggested offer is whatever that is in quids.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
It is a preamp I would buy blind ! Also the power amp you mentioned is a marble. When you hear it you will be hooked. OTL ( output transformerless )amps can bring you to hifi heaven, so to speak. Good luck with your decision ! ( lucky b*sterd! )
 

Roby

Well-known member
Jan 17, 2012
55
5
18,545
Have not a lot of time so I try to be short.

The Phatos demo was great. Personaly (not shure Alex would agree). Connecting this amp on the monoblocks was the best part of the demo (the rest was really good to but I will try to explain this tomorow) For me it was the most life like match. It took a bit of the edge of an added some warmth.

wich maked the soundstage more envloping an musical an personaly it gave me te bass I was sometimes missing when the monoblocs wher connected to the Phato's pré actualy there was not more bass but it was less dry.

Personaly I was impressed....an we all ended claping in our hand with the crowed on the end of Nils song. An detail was superb...you could feel him play...

About the good price I really don't know sorry.

But it is a really good amp for shure.

grtz
 

acalex

New member
Sep 13, 2011
73
0
0
Roby said:
Have not a lot of time so I try to be short.

The Phatos demo was great. Personaly (not shure Alex would agree). Connecting this amp on the monoblocks was the best part of the demo (the rest was really good to but I will try to explain this tomorow) For me it was the most life like match. It took a bit of the edge of an added some warmth.

wich maked the soundstage more envloping an musical an personaly it gave me te bass I was sometimes missing when the monoblocs wher connected to the Phato's pré actualy there was not more bass but it was less dry.

Personaly I was impressed....an we all ended claping in our hand with the crowed on the end of Nils song. An detail was superb...you could feel him play...

About the good price I really don't know sorry.

But it is a really good amp for shure.

grtz
I agree on everything actually :)! The Graaf preamp and monoblocks in my opinion was better than the InControl pre-amp we used. It added more warmth indeed. You could really feel the Graaf needed more time to get warmer and warmer...
 

Macspur

Well-known member
May 3, 2010
77
0
18,540
Thanks you two for your thoughts on the Graaf, but don't think I'll be getting it now.

The guy wants more than I've offered and for a blind purchase from an individual as aposed to a dealer, I'm not really prepared to go any higher.



Cheers

Mac
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts