Got a sky hd 1tb box for £149.00 and free self install.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Just made a random call to sky,been looking at the 1tb hd box and have wanted one for a while.It was offered to me for £149.00 with free self install.Should be with me for tuesday 11th of jan.so im a happy bunny.If any of you are thinking of it give it a try you never know,i just asked if there were any offers for current subscribers.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Yes sorreltiger it's worth a try,i had probs with my thompson hd box and got a replacement amstrad box.It's loads better,faster software.500gig hard drive and had no probs at all.but looking forward to the new box,more 3d content to record now.And with sky alantic on the horizon it's gonna be bteer to record more.good luck and let us know how you get on.

A

Anonymous

I did the same a couple of months ago, as I was having a problem with my old box, these 1TB boxes are excellent, I never seem to be able to fill it.

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
Nice one Daveh75,

Made the call and got the same deal for the 1tb box, was told the normal selling price was £499...............

Don't know if i should believe that or not.

Anyway looking forward to putting the box of not so many tricks old Thompson HD box to bed!

daveh75

keiser1:Nice one Daveh75, Eh? it's sonycentre you should be thanking.

Made the call and got the same deal for the 1tb box, was told the normal selling price was £499...............

Don't know if i should believe that or not. You were right to be sceptical!

What they told you is total tosh...The normal price is £249 (which is overpriced, but £499, ROFLMAO)

daveh75: ROFLMAO

That's a new slang I've learnet today!
emotion-2.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWgs6YQR9A

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if these new 1TB Sky+HD boxes upscale better than its predecessor (i.e set it to 1080i rather than 'AUTO')?

Thanks,

Paul.

A

Anonymous

sonycentre:Just made a random call to sky,been looking at the 1tb hd box and have wanted one for a while.It was offered to me for £149.00 with free self install.Should be with me for tuesday 11th of jan.so im a happy bunny.If any of you are thinking of it give it a try you never know,i just asked if there were any offers for current subscribers.

Thanks Sonycentre ..bring it on Parcelforce!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Rang sky today asked about £149 offer but was told it's only available if you were one of the first to have hd becuse boxes kept breaking down and that is why you should have received a letter offering the £149 deal. Could you tell me if this is true in your case or just more sky bulls***, I've had my hd for 28 months and I'm on my fourth box but Sky said no I don't qualify.

hevian:
Rang sky today asked about £149 offer but was told it's only available if you were one of the first to have hd becuse boxes kept breaking down and that is why you should have received a letter offering the £149 deal. Could you tell me if this is true in your case or just more sky bulls***, I've had my hd for 28 months and I'm on my fourth box but Sky said no I don't qualify.

It's all Sky bulls***. If you call them gain at some other time, you'll get a different story. Or just tell them that you're appalled at the way you've been treated despite being a Sky customer for almost 3 years, & now you're considering Virgin to save yourself £120 per year (as the V HD box doesn't attract a monthly £10 fee for HD) & you're not really bothered about live pause etc.

A

Anonymous

ive been a sky customer for 21years thats what loyalty gets you seems like they dont need my £149

lastcoyote

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
i've just phoned up a minute ago after seeing this thread and got the same nonsense. 249 for the box + 15 for delivery.
makes me sick that they do it cheaper for one customer but not for another. disgusting. i've been with sky for 6 or 7 years.

lastcoyote

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
just tried the phone back again trick. no luck.
i can't stand the response they give about how there is only a limited amount of boxes that are on offer and when they run out that's it, no more - what utter nonsense. like there's a specific shipment of boxes sitting in their warehouse that are designated 'offer' boxes. classic
emotion-40.gif

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Like i said in my first post its worth giving it a try,but i do understand your frustration.I have been with sky for 13 years(as a subscriber) and have had a few probs in the past.I guess i was just lucky getting the right deal at the right time,don't give up keep trying you never know.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I emailed Sky and had this deal a few months back. Great box. Easy install. And for those thinking it too expensive - how much do you pay for a decent HD recorder? £150 is good value in my book

A

Anonymous

Hi Grant could you tell me if you received the letter from Sky offering you the £149 deal and how long have you been an hd subscriber.

Yes I agree £150 is a good price for the hd box if you can get that deal, but this offer only seems to apply to a select few, the rest of us are expected to pay the full price of £249. I don't think it's fair that certain customers, particularly longstanding ones, are being discriminated against by not being offered this deal.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi hevian,i have been a hd customer since june 2006.And i just phoned sky up to see what deals there were.Told them i was intrested in the 1tb box and asked if there were any deals on.

A

Anonymous

I always get offered if I ask, I am just hoping they say 100.00 one day,

I can buy a 30.00 1tb hdd and just put it in my box.

Might wait to see whats happening with this tivo box with virgin.

Might opt for the 50meg bb and tv pack and compair costs

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I had 'Satellite service not available' two days running and had to restart the box. It has been flakey for a long time - needing at least one restart every week. Decided to call Sky to try my luck: lo and behold, £149 for a new 1TB box and delivery charge waived! Only condition, had to agree to a 12 month non-cancellation, but that's not an issue.

Many thanks, Sony Centre, for the tip! As for everyone else, just keep trying.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts