GOOD TURNTABLE WALL SHELVES

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Now has any turntable gurus out there tried a turntable wall mounted shelf that does not make the treble brighter and can make the music sing, as from my experience glass shelves tend to make the sound worse even though alot of manufacturers use glass.

On my equipment rack I changed from smoked glass, to thick wood cut to exact measurements and the sound was transformed being more open, bass tighter, more depth, more layered, less bright etc .

I use an Oracle turntable with sumiko arm, and koetsu red sig cartridge, with MF nu-vista pre amp, mf phono, mf xray CD, and an old 250 watt Tresham power Amp,with Sonus Faber Electa speakers on foundation stands.

Its just I will be running out of space on my rack, as I am going on the upgrade path.

Has anyone out there got the pagode wall shelf, or the one decent wallshelf, I have seen the target, appollo,and quadraspire turntable shelves but am not sure how these perform, any advice or your experiences most welcome, its not exactly something you can take for home for a trial !!

Thinking about it Claire isnt it time WHFI done a turntable shelf test, and please dont say there are to many variables as a get out.

Many Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
robborollover:Thinking about it Claire isnt it time WHFI done a turntable shelf test, and please dont say there are to many variables as a get out.

More likely we'd say there'd be too few people interested, but we're open to be persuaded otherwise...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
robborollover:
Thinking about it Claire isnt it time WHFI done a turntable shelf test, and please dont say there are to many variables as a get out.

Many Thanks

You misspelled Clare's name, made a grammatical error, invented a new acronym for 'What Hifi?', and anticipated Clare would try to 'get out' of your request all in one sentence.

Well done.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
chebby:You misspelled Clare's name, made a grammatical error, invented a new acronym for 'What Hifi?', and anticipated Clare would try to 'get out' of your request all in one sentence.
Well done.

It was a rather special post, wasn't it?

Oh, and there were at least two grammahowlers...

A

Anonymous

Oops sorry Claire I am a newbie here, didnt think the spell and grammar police would be up so late !!!!!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
robborollover:
Oops sorry Claire I am a newbie here, didnt think the spell and grammar police would be up so late !!!!!

Tsk, tsk. C-l-a-r-e.

Mind how you go now sir.

Evenin' all.

dixonofdock.jpg

A

Anonymous

And let's not even get started on the punctuation.

Ah, well, since I already have... a comma after the first dependent clause would have been a good start.

A

Anonymous

Obviously Chebby and Jack Warner do not get irony, are you American then Chebby ??

They never did get irony !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give us the gun son...................

A

Anonymous

More Oxford Concise Dictionary readers up than audiophiles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Hey Andrew and Chebby the wordsmiths, which shelf sounds best with the spoken word from the shorter Oxford English Dictionary ?? now I wont to get the bottom end right !!!

A

Anonymous

Going back to your original statement Andrew, its a shame that few people would be interested as a £1500 turntable would sound better than your What HI FI Cyrus cd 2008 award winner.

If you dont believe me, you folks out there try it !!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
robborollover:a £1500 turntable would sound better than your What HI FI Cyrus cd 2008 award winner.

...which, given the price difference, you'd hope it would.

T

the record spot

Was always a Chambers 20th Century man myself...!

Oracle and Koetsu Red eh? Cheeky. Is it any better than a Dansette Viva then?
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your input Andrew but of course I was including the extra power supply, I make that £1600 with the 8se CD.

A

Anonymous

Well I did have a home demo, with the Dansette and Binitone from the £ shop, the dansette won.

I then went to Woolworths before they went into administration, and had a home dem with the Dansette and Oracle/red sig cartridge

The Oracle/red sig cartridge just pipped the Dansette on the midrange and top end !!!!

Hope this helps you in your decision ....the record spot !!!!.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts