Going from 5.1 to 7.1 system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all :hand:

I have Onkyo tx-nr709 and the B&W 685 speaker package. I love the system.

Now the thing is I want to go to a 7.1 speaker system.

So I am thinking of buying smaller speakers. I am thinking of the B&W M1. However I found out that they stopped making them. The guy told me new small apeakers are coming in January. He said they are very good.

The problem is I am looking for a small speakers to go left and right. Any suggestions. I do not want very expensive but I do want it to complement the 685 package I have.

I also need help wiring them. I have the backs going to to surround left and right. Where would I put the two new ones?

£200 a speaker would be the max unless you really convinced me it was worth spending more. It is def worth changing from 5.1 to 7.1. The Mrs is going to kill me to.

Please please advise. Any tips are welcome. Oh one final thing has anyone heard what the new Toshiba 3d tv is like, the one where you do not have to wear glasses?

:dance:

nads

5.1 to 7.1 is the addition of two rear speakers. So your current set up is front centre and side. You new one go at the back. Or you use some processing in the amp to turn a 5.1 track into something else.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts