Giving the Rega Apollo a good send off

This should, and will be the last night that I will be using my old faithful Rega Apollo.

ive had it a couple of years, and it's been fantastic. It really blew my arcam dv79 away. It's been a pleasure to use, and given me hundreds of hours of quality service .

But tomorrow, I pick up my Moon Equinox CD player, my final upgrade in the cycle. Everything has now been upgraded/replaced.

So, tonight I'm having one last hurrah with the apollo. The vinyl is having a rest.

I hope whoever buys it from me enjoys it just as much as I have.

Tomorrow, brings a new Moon. Tonight, I'm on an apollo mission.

matthewpiano

I'm not at all surprised you still have affection for the Apollo. I had the original Apollo not long after it first came out and I made the mistake of parting with it. I've never been happy with a CD player since, including the more expensive Roksan K2 CDS, until I got my current Apollo-R over a year ago. I wouldn't swap it for anything.

I hope your upgrade works out and that you enjoy the Moon, but try to hang on to the Apollo for the first couple of weeks just in case.

I am open minded to everything and anything. There is an obvious hierarchy of products based on price and quality. Knowing when and where you draw your own line in the financial sand is very difficult. But thankfully I'm curious enough to try new things and take the odd risk or two.

i have definitely struck audio gold with the purchase of the Moon Equinox.

Absolutely fantastic piece of kit.

matthewpiano

Glad to hear the Moon has been a success.

I've drawn my own financial line in the sand with my current Rega kit. Would have to spend so much to improve on it properly and I love listening to my music on it so much that further upgrades are futile for the forseeable.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
Knowing when and where you draw your own line in the financial sand is very difficult. But thankfully I'm curious enough to try new things and take the odd risk or two.

Well said, luckily my line in the sand and the performance I get is huge. Downside is to upgrade would cost a fortune, or I'll find the next performance bargin.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
I am open minded to everything and anything. There is an obvious hierarchy of products based on price and quality. Knowing when and where you draw your own line in the financial sand is very difficult. But thankfully I'm curious enough to try new things and take the odd risk or two.

I'm not at all surprised.

Are you able to describe the difference in SQ between the Apollo and the Moon?

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

www.mintfm.net

Where do I start, the soundstage is massive, the instruments sound more realistic, there is more detail, more energy, bass is tighter, the whole experience of listening is vastly improved.

its amazing just how much detail there is on a Compact Disc that given the right equipment, you hear a lot more of it.

its like going from standard definition to ultra high def for your ears.

awesome.

image.jpg1_2.jpg
bigfish786 said:
Where do I start, the soundstage is massive, the instruments sound more realistic, there is more detail, more energy, bass is tighter, the whole experience of listening is vastly improved.

its amazing just how much detail there is on a Compact Disc that given the right equipment, you hear a lot more of it.

its like going from standard definition to ultra high def for your ears.

awesome.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts