Getting a service

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have a very well loved and well used ORIGINAL Thorens TD160, from back in 1973 and its been my main use turntable since my Dad handed it over to me just after my 18th birthday nearly 20 years ago now. Thing is, after many years of use and many years of many house moves, its needing some TLC. Its been very well looked after, I might add as I treat ALL my hi fi gear with kid gloves, but the house moves, others usage and so on has made the spindle on the motor a little bent, the belt speed change arm has been bent a little and I am not entirely sure that the suspension on it is as spritely as it used to be......

I was wondering, does anyone know of anywhere in the Cambridge area where I can get this serviced and spruced up to bring it back to near its former glory? I love it to bits and I know its still a class act, even now after all these years and as its almost like a family prize asset, I don't want to go down the route of buying a new turntable for this to be put in the loft, never to be used again.....

I have looked about and searched and even sent a few emails out, but no-one seems to know of anywhere or any place to get it done. If someone could put me in the right direction, I would be very, very grateful

Thanks from a first time poster...

John

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much! I didn't know this and will be in touch with them! Much obliged!

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts