Get a Nait 5i or keep my Rotel/Stello combo?

th0m

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have an opportunity to buy a used Naim Nait 5i, and I'm just wondering whether it would be much of an improvement from my current setup, which is a Stello HP100 headamp/preamp and a Rotel RB-06 power amp?

I'll be using it with a pair of Dynaudio DM 2/6, which I've heard should be a good match with the Nait, but the Stello/Rotel combo just seems so much more "substantial" in comparison to the rather skimpy looking internals of the 5i.

If I sell the Rotel and Stello, I'll get pretty much what I'll be paying for the Nait, so that's not an issue. Please, help me decide!

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Do it. I'm biased of course but the Nait5i is stunning and Dynaudios are a perfect partner.

The combo will give you superb clarity and mid range. If this isn't your cup of tea then maybe it's not for you...

A

Anonymous

If you want a clear, detailed and un-fatiguing sound, the 5i is definetly an option. I've always felt that it's missed a bit in outright slam and scale, compared to other more powerful integrated's though...

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Yes Darren I think you could be right.

I mainly listen to music to relax, a lot of female vocals and perhaps stuff a little more sedate.

I went with a friend who ended up buying a Marantz PM6003 amp and B&W685 speakers. Way cheaper, but so much ooomph... I was so impressed, but not what I'd want...

TRENDING THREADS