Get 120 days of Tidal for just £1.99 – a Black Friday streaming service steal

kenosha

Nov 15, 2019
Visit site
I’ve been a tidal subscriber for three years. I like it pretty well, but I’m now switching to Qobuz Here in the US, Qobuz is $15 per month compared to $20 for Tidal. Qobuz pays higher royalties to the artists than Tidal. Both services have similarly large libraries.

Some tracks in Tidal are MQA which sounds great. The rest are 16/44 cd quality. Some tracks in Qobuz are 24/96 or 24/192, the rest are in 16/44.

The tidal iOS and Mac apps are maybe a smidge more refined, but Qobuz’s apps are pretty close in terms of ease of use and functionality.

Qobuz has a 1 month free trial. I recommend trying both. They both bill month to month so you can quit anytime.

Tidal will have to do more than offer a 4 month almost free promotion if it is to survive. Qobuz and now Amazon offer high res streaming plans at significantly lower prices than Tidal.

DREADZONE

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
At the moment I have 3 music streaming subs: (1) googleplay @£7.99 (reduced price because I was an original subscriber) is good for vast catalogue - would discontinue because it is only Standard def, but has quite a few tracks not available from other two; (2) Tidal HiFi @£19.99 - unsure about the assumed improvement in listening experience with Masters: my system unfolds MQA up to 96kHz, and I do notice a nice difference with tracks that were originally mastered well . . . however, Amazon has given me a re-think!; (3) Amazon Music Unlimited HD £14.99 (but currently one month in to enjoying a 3 month free trial) - their HD tracks [CD quality of all material available in CD format] sounds very good, and HD Ultra [= anything above 16bit/44.1kHz, eg 24bit/44.1kHz, 16bit/48kHz up to 24bit/192kHz] sounds brilliant - certainly matching anything I've heard from Tidal Masters. I did a simple listening test with Fleetwood Mac The Chain (2001 Remaster) across both providers and both sounded excellent [the last 90 seconds of this track is a really good test in this genre].
So, jury is out on which to stick with long term; over the coming months I will weigh-up the catalogue merits of each provider. Also, I will examine Tidal's "transparency" with their MQA encoding for Master recordings vs Amazon HD's Ultra offering.
Anyone else compared Tidal HiFi with Amazon Unlimited HD?

Winter

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
At this price what's to loose. Got to say via my audiolab play n dts tidal app . Music does indeed sound very good. As a trial no brainer . Is it worth £20 a month. Mmm maybe not ? But again sounds great.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts