Genelec M040 + DAC

auntybernie

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Anybody tried the Genelec M040? Am seriously looking into them. Would also require a good DAC.

Read many favourable reviews, particularly one where the Genelecs were partnered with a B.M.C. Pure Dac.

I need the Genelecs + Dac for my PC. Have maximum of four feet from desk where to position them.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Maybe start another thread where you ask the same question you've already asked in one of your earlier threads.

In fact, if you start enough threads you can claim the whole from page of the forum and then someone will be sure to see answer your question.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I think this combo may work together as a system. I have not heard the BMC dac but it seems well made. As for the Genelecs speakers I will recommend them any day. But I will always advice an audition were possible or a home trial better still.

auntybernie

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
It is impossible for me to audition.

As I have always had a passive set up I am not totally convinced to take the plunge and got for active speakers. I was also thinking of thr ATC SCM7, the Harbeths, KEF LS50 or the Focal Aria 506.

The Genelecs have been very well reviewed though, and have to position them a few feet in front of my desk.

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Buy a pair from Gear4Music online. Set them up in your room. Listen to them there. You then have 28 days to return them for a full refund if for any reason you don't like them. What's not to like about that deal?

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I understand your reticence regarding actives, it's a step into the unknown. End of the day though they are still a pair of speakers, but technically they have the potential to sound better than an equivalent passive. ATC (one of your 'preferred' passive brands) make active and passive versions of the same speakers - a quick look at their website will show you they regard active as better.

As you are buying 'blind', you should also consider AVI ADM10 - they have the dac/pre built in and because you buy direct from the manufacturer you cut out the margin a dealer/distributer would add.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts