Gaming Speakers

Zag

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

Not quite sure whether to post this here or in the Computer Music section so apologies if I have got it wrong!

Basically I am looking to add a decent set of speakers to my PC. I am going to be connecting these speakers to an ASUS Xonar DG soundcard but may consider upgrading to a DAC in the future. I quite like the thought of integrated bluetooth to connect my smartphone with but this would be more of an optional extra than a necessity.

My budget is up to £300 and I would like something that is not only good for music but also gaming (I don't use my PC for films). I have been considering the Monitor Audio WS100, the Audioengine A2's, the Focal XS Book (but would wait for the new bluetooth version) and the Ruark Audio MR1.

From reading reviews the above speakers should be good for music but will they also be any good for games? Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated and if I should consider some other speakers please let me know!

Thank you for your time :)

alienmango

May 29, 2013
Visit site
For £300 get studio monitors or if you want something upgradable in the future:

Nad c370/c350/c352/c372/ (I see you have arcam alpha's ..... another of those will do nicely) (£120-200 ebay)

Wharfedale diamond 9.1 (new)

/other bookshelves for £100-180 second hand.

Depends how loud you want it, If you want lots of bass get a cheaper amp and a second hand sw150 from ebay + diamond 9.1

If you're going to listen at relatively low levels then the focals you mentioned could be a good choice.

But if you were going to go for active speakers my choices would be adam A3x, Adam F5 or Behringer B2031A depending on how loud you need it, A3x are stunning quality within their limits, easily the best SQ. I haven't heard the focals, they may be a ncie comprimise between A3X and F5 on soundquality vs dynamics.

If you want to shake the room while gaming I'd get the behringer truths+sw150 (can be had for £50 on ebay) total then is £300 with sub.

Good luck dude.

Green Bow

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I am using a Chord Mojo attached to my PC for music, video, and gaming. I previously had the Meridian Explorer.

Anyway I used to use Grado SR225e headphones all the time. I bought the Q Acoustics BT3 because I found it good and relaxing now and then to listen via speakers. (I had a reasonable 2.1 system.)

When I bought the BT3 I was OK with the sound for gaming but still preffered the headphones. Then I bought a QED Reference Audio J2P to connect the DAC to the active speaker amplifier. The change was instantaneous. Now I only ever game with speakers, though occasioanlly I do venture with the SR225e sometimes.

My gaming style is currently The Withcer 3, and I have Resident Evil: Revelations 1, and part one of RE:R2 downloaded on Steam. Ready to go after TW3 is finished, and I am about 2/3 the way through. I will buy Doom when it has been out for a while and on sale, as well as probably Serious Sam 4.

I love shooters like Wlofenstein: The New Order. In other words shooters and good RPGs like Shadow of Mordor. I actaully had to upgrade my RAM from 8GB to 16GB for SoM. Well I didn't have to but I was using 11GB after the upgrade.

I can recommend these speaker with all my heart. However only if you buy the quality cables for them. Believe it or not, with good cables, the soundstage it big enough to hear foosteps almost around you.

maverick1245

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I have been using Sony HT CT-600 which boosts up my gaming experience to a new level. Easy to install and delivers outstanding sound, the 2.1 channel sound bar pumps out clear natural and rich sound.

Search over google or youtube for its depest review and you will find it exciting I can't drop links fo it now.

Be sure to let us know which one you picked.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts