Galaxy Tab 3 - Multi User?

LanceyBoy

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Just bought a Galaxy Tab 3, 8" model and very pleased. :grin: Worth the extra inch in my opinion. What I am finding frustrating is that I cannot setup multi users so that both the wife and I can use the same tablet with our own Play accounts, email etc.. It was only meant to be used as a replacement Sonos controller, but I am finding it's very useful for other things too. Allegeldy Android 4.2.2 allows multi-user, but it looks like Samsung have disabled it within their own interface. :shame:

Anyone got any ideas on how to set up multi user without invalidating the warranty. :cheers:

I have emailed Samsung, but you can guess the response I have received, well lack of :wall:

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
no word on when samsung will release the update with it, which means you're probably stuck with installing a custom rom in order to get it to work. If you have any problems, you'd just need to re-install the standard out of the box rom if you ever had to send it back.

LanceyBoy

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks guys. I see there are a couple of similar articles about rumours of multi-user, but alas no realease date or actual update. I'd just assumed multi-user would be available. I'm surprised no-one from Samsung has got back to me, as it's been several days since I contacted them.

Anyone from Samsung reading this, if so, any comments? :poke:

Great bit of kit, let down by the bespoke UI and lack of multi-user.

I'm sure others will say buy another tablet, but we have so many other devices (PC's, Laptop, SmartPhone, Smart TV) I don't need another tablet (well not just yet!).

I live in hope of a software release, maybe just in time to rival the Christmas number one!:dance:

TRENDING THREADS