Future Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Would really value peoples opinions on what speakers l should be considering, new or second hand, for a future change.

l do most of my listening via Spotify (Premium) & to a lesser extent CD, through pc/laptop, Beresford Caiman (pre amp/dac) into a pair of Temple Audio mono amps.

Looking for a small shelf/stand mount speaker, with all the buzz words l guess, detailed, crisp, detailed, but not harsh, that has a airy presentation; not looking for a lush warm sound.

Music tastes are varied & the budget is, lets say flexible, around the 250 - 350 GBP mark.

T

the record spot

I'd go down the secondhand route myself - or exdem. If you pushed me to one speaker alone, then I'd have to say AVI's Neutron III or IV. The new Neutron V is £399 and reviews are impressive.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Plus 1 for the V's.

I have similar listening requirements myself, and if size wasn't an issue I would have also suggested the Focal 706V's (which I am, but they are a bit large!) Mids/highs, vocals/acoustics are just exceptional IMO, and very much to the fore with a really tight, punchy bass which is in no way overpowering. They wouldn't appreciate a bright amp, though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts