Function select issue on Onkyo 605 + Pana th 42 pz81b

henxuk

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a slight query.

I have my system (Onkyo 605 and pana th 42 pz81b) all set up through hdmi, and optical

I.e. the optical out sound from my tv goes to onkyo opt in

and my ps3 set up goign into the hmdi 1 in, and out going to tv

Now when I want to use ps3 I press on the remote 'receiver' and then GAME/TV

and sure enough it switches viseo and sound to hdmi and alls well

BUT when i want the TV again i press 'receiver' then CABLE/SAT  (as thats what i have progarmed opt in 1 to be)

and I get a BLUE SCREEN with CABLE/SAT in the corner, why isn't it automatically switching the video?

(to get video I then have to change the input on the tv with the tv remote which is a bit dull with all the remote swapping )

IS THERE A WAY ROUND THIS???? 

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Okay, I think this is working because, when you switch on the PS3, it's automatically changing your TV input to HDMI1 as it's picking up a signal. You pressing the GAME/TV button isn't switching the video, because it's the TV input changing, not the amplifier input. So when you press CABLE/SAT, it changes the amplifier input back to the TV sound, but the TV input has to be changed manually.

Very simply, to get round this, you'll need a Logitech Harmony remote (or some other all in one with macro functionality) which you can then program to tell it when you press the PS3 button, it needs to change the TV to HDMI1 and the amplifier to the GAME/TV input, and then when you press the TV button, it will change the TV back to the TV input and can also switch the amplifier to the CABLE/SAT input.ÿ

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
...And by then you'll have a stubbly beard and a limp and we'll discover it was something totally different and the ditropan is actually causing his entire nervous system to shut down?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I am a master of disguise...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts