Full HD plasma NOT 3D

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Are there any full HD 42" plasma's available that are not 3d, seem to be finding it hard to buy one, prefer Panasonic :?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
It would be foolish to discount a TV just because it has the ability to display 3D. Pretty much all the best TVs at the moment offer 3D capabilities, but you don't have to use them.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
kitkat said:
Are there any full HD 42" plasma's available that are not 3d, seem to be finding it hard to buy one, prefer Panasonic :?

If your looking at this years models then I think that's going to be a challenge. Even the basic 42st60 is 3d capable. Why are you set on not having 3d, you don't need to use it and I think its on most plasmas now, even basic ones.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Gosh, two replies by professorhat and rocketrazor, sent at exactly the same time (9:52am), and saying pretty much the same thing! This is proof that "Great minds think alike". Or, as my former boss used to say, "Fools seldom differ!" But seriously, many decent TVs of any size have 3D, you don't have to use it. I don't use 3D on my Samsung plasma, and only occassionally on my LG 60PZ950T in the kitchen. Many TVs have calibration controls, and only a very few TVs ever get calibrated. So that would be another under-used feature that many TVs have by default.

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm of the same opinion as Kitkat but looking for a larger screen without the 'bells and whistles' of smart technology or 3D and have found the LG 50PN650T here in Ireland for €500 (£440) through Argos !! It's a 4-star product according to this magazine and seems to tick the boxes for me. There are models from Samsung & Panasonic too but from €700-900 and although they may have marginally better features etc they do look a little dated and chunky compaired to the LG. Does anyone else have experience of this TV or something similar...

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread but it may throw up some alternatives too for kitkat, especially if he's not stuck on 42" models...

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
The way to think of it these days is that you pay more, for less.

The best TVs all have 3D, most are smart, and have speakers and a tuner.

It irritates the hell out of me too, but you would pay more to get rid of those things, none of which I use. I even got 7 "free" pairs of 3D glasses with my LG screen...

So agree with the consensus...forget about it and choose the best screen for your budget.

D

Deleted member 2457

Panasonic TVs are cheap for what you get, so it's not like you are paying extra for 3D anyway.

3D capability actually improves 2D performance as well. Due to the extra processing (good contrast, black level and motion response) needed to make 3D look good on a TV, this spills over into the 2D environment, making for an excellent 2D viewing experience.

Sun_Shang_Xiang

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Panasonic do a range of Pro Plasma Monitors which are 3d capable , a 3d emitter and glasses can be purchased seperately to make the monitor display 3d which considerably add to the cost.

Th-42pf30 Pro Monitor

Th-42pf50 Pro Monitor

Th-42bt300(Broadcast monitor made for Broadcast studio market)

These are still fairly expensive even without 3d emitters and glasses compared to commercial tvs and don't have as good blacks but they are really well made and built like tanks.The 60 inch 60PF50 panel weighs 49KGS compared to the flagship 60zt65 panel which weighs 36.5kgs.These pro-monitors work well with an external video processor like the Lumagen Radiance.

These are pure monitors so no tv tuners or sound and are used in custom indoor home installs, Panasonic also do lcd monitors but these are not used for custom indoor home installs I suspect that while excellent for brightly lit public places , these are probably too bright for the home environment. The only company I know of who did offer lcd monitors for home installs were JVC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts