Fubar 2 v DACMAGIC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Decided im going to get one of these tomorrow, still undecided which. When the supplier power unit is added to the Fubar their both pretty similar price wise. Anyone got any opinions on either of them - which is better/worth the money etc?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I have a Fubar III (a II with a headphone amp) and I'm really happy with it and it sounds great. However, as you might have read in another post I've just discovered that it is only 16bit and this means it is limited to standard CD quality playback. If you want to play back higher resolution music you will need a 24bit DAC. Not an issue if you are just ripping your current CD's but something worth knowing. I've not listened to the DACMagic but the reviews have been great, as have those I've read of the Fubar. I've not seen a comparative review of them both.
So I guess it comes down to price, size and the inputs/outputs you want. If I remember correctly the DACMagic has a digital output which I don't understand but maybe someone else can explain that? If a DAC is to convert a digital stream to analogue why do you want to output a digital stream? I guess there is a good reason so maybe this is important.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts