Front Speakers

grahamboyd

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
My Pioneer 50 inch Kuro is fixed to the wall 80cm above the floor. The speakers I shall buy are 26cm tall (B&W) and will be on stands 60cm high. This takes the top of the speakers to just a little above the bottom of the TV. This will look good but when watching TV with surround sound on will it make the sound not appear if it is below the TV or do the speakers produce sound that will fill the room anyway that the fact they are sitting a bit lower make any difference.

I have seen some photos where people have thier TV very high on the wall and thier surround speakers are lower.

Many Thanks

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Most floorstand and standmount-speakers have correct height for optimum result.

But for center speaker, there is always a problem. I put my center speaker below the tv set in about 40cm above the floor and toed up for right direction. Then i just experiment the center speaker put on a speaker stand right in front of my tv screen, sound better, but can't see the picture that way.. haha

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
If you take the centre speaker out of the equation then it will depend how wide apart your speakers are, the wider they are the Larger the sound stage you will get.

The middle of my TV for example is about 150cm off the ground, my speakers are only 80cm to the tweeters, but they are 2.5M apart, the stereo image I get from my seat covers the TV. I have my centre speaker mounted above the TV for surround listening this helps localise any vocals on the screen for TV/Movies.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
is just a matter of getting used to it.center speaker should just be below or above the tv.my front speakers are also a bit below the screen ( no center speaker)and I usually to also use the sound from the tv to compensate that. I actually get much more detail from the tv sound especially in the mids and highs, than from the front speakers only.unusual combination but works great.

A

Anonymous

ear:is just a matter of getting used to it.center speaker should just be below or above the tv.my front speakers are also a bit below the screenÿ ( no center speaker)and I usually to also use the sound from the tv to compensate that. I actually get much more detail from the tv sound especially in the mids and highs, than from the front speakers only.unusual combination but works great.

I'd have expected that setup (using the TV instead of a centre speaker) to sound pretty ropey. If it works though, it works. Good luck to you.

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I am thinking if there is possibility to use one pair speaker put closely beside TV set (both left & right side) to drive center channel.

This may need an equal power, stereo amplifier and which has ability to reproduce stereo image from mono source (centre)

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Or drive them in series from a single output, check your impedance on your AV amp but if it is 8-16 Ohm then 2 speakers in series should be OK.

If you go this way experiment with putting one speaker out of phase with the opposite speaker, it may help, it works well with my centre rear channel stops localisation of a particular speaker if you happen to be sitting closer to one, not sure how it will work on vocals of a centre front channel but worth a try.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts