Front speaker sound issues

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Evening all,

been having some issues for a while with my left front speaker not always giving off sound when my system is first switched on. If I turn the amp up loads it seems to burst into action and is fine for the duration of use. It's not always so a little hit and miss. The other day it happened to my right front speaker as well. Does anyone know of a logical reason why this might be the happening? Could my amp be on its way out? Originally I wasn't sure if it was the amp, cable or speaker but for the right to go as well I'm wondering if it's the amp.

any ideas?

cheers

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
check the speaker connections on the back of the amp (while switched off) to see if there are no stray strands of wire between terminals.

if all is well, then I would try another pair of speakers and see if the same thing happens, if yes then I'm afraid its your amp thats the problem.

*music2*

Rhubarb4

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
rocketrazor said:
Evening all,

been having some issues for a while with my left front speaker not always giving off sound when my system is first switched on. If I turn the amp up loads it seems to burst into action and is fine for the duration of use. It's not always so a little hit and miss. The other day it happened to my right front speaker as well. Does anyone know of a logical reason why this might be the happening? Could my amp be on its way out? Originally I wasn't sure if it was the amp, cable or speaker but for the right to go as well I'm wondering if it's the amp.

any ideas?

cheers

another easy thing to try is to swap your left and right speaker cables as I had a damaged cable that caused me a similar issue, try it to prove wether it's the speaker the wire or the amp

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
still long way to go to catch up with BB and Gel and me for that matter :)

Sorry your having an issue with your system. I hate it when that happens

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I've got a very long way to get to those sort of numbers!

I have a bad feeling it's going to be the Amp thats faulty but I need to check it out. It happens to both front speakers at different times and by turning the volume up loud it kicks in. I can't see a wire or speaker causing that issue, id have thought either it would work or doesn't. Still it is all 11 years old so can't complain and gives me a chance to upgrade a little!

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
if it has gone kaput it's defo time for an upgrade not a repair
regular_smile.gif

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I would agree I thought you might have been thinking cheapest way forward.

Lots choice in market at moment for av receivers strongest variety for a long time arcam anthem denon marantz pioneer and yamaha

Used to be only 3 main players

maverick1245

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Best option would be to swap it with another pair of speakers to see if its really with AMP or wires inside the speakers have become loose.
I really think its due to the 2nd option. and if possible upgrade them if they are quite old.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
You think that both his left and right speakers have come loose inside at exactly the same time? That would be very coincidental and bad luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts