Fried my Denon PMA-700

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good afternoon everyone;
[I'm not only a newbie here, I'm also lacking some knowledge concerning amplifiers etc. as you might concluded by reading my post below ;]

since I didn't have that much money to spare I decided to buy a Denon PMA 700 a few years back. For some reason I burned it yesterday when coupling my new TV. Apparently I did something wrong. I connected a TV analog input tulip (I was under the impression that it would be an output channel) to an input port of the amplifier (DVD/AUX), while both systems were off. When turned on, the amplifier started smoking (nhoo). After that, it was of course no longer working. The amp does turn on (normally), only none of the input/output channels are working. ELCO's/capacitors smell fried (the large ones), otherwise no damage visible internally. Obviously I've connected it wrong, although I don't know the exact course and I was pretty startled when in happened.

Now my question: Is there any chance that this can be fixed, or is it just fried (RIP etc.)?

Best regards,

Taj.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
taj said:
Good afternoon everyone;
[I'm not only a newbie here, I'm also lacking some knowledge concerning amplifiers etc. as you might concluded by reading my post below ;]

since I didn't have that much money to spare I decided to buy a Denon PMA 700 a few years back. For some reason I burned it yesterday when coupling my new TV. Apparently I did something wrong. I connected a TV analog input tulip (I was under the impression that it would be an output channel) to an input port of the amplifier (DVD/AUX), while both systems were off. When turned on, the amplifier started smoking (nhoo). After that, it was of course no longer working. The amp does turn on (normally), only none of the input/output channels are working. ELCO's/capacitors smell fried (the large ones), otherwise no damage visible internally. Obviously I've connected it wrong, although I don't know the exact course and I was pretty startled when in happened.

Now my question: Is there any chance that this can be fixed, or is it just fried (RIP etc.)?

Best regards,

Taj.
Hi that was bad luck sorry I cant help with this one I am sure there are others that can and will good luck

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your replays, so there is no way such a 'fried amp' can be fixed?

dumbledore

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Anything can be fixed, but you need to know about fixing amplifiers. Most likely the output transistors have gone, but without opening up and inspecting things you don't know exactly the extend of the damage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts