Freshman here. Grateful for comments on a proposed system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Sirs,

I'm just starting out in the hi-fi world, and would be grateful for comments, suggestions or alternatives on what I'm planning to get: Cambridge Audio Azur 640a and Azur 640c, and Dynaudio Focus 110s.

Thank you very much and regards.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello freshman,with the components you have mentioned that makes a grand total of £1.397.00 unless you are getting the speakers at a very low price.i would go for a better cd and amp from either creek,cyrus or audiolab and maybe some epos speakers or the dynaudio 42.at present the creek amp and cd player are on special offer at superfi and go very well with epos speakers.the cyrus amp 6 and cd player are at bartletts with £100.00 off the cd player.i believe the audiolab system is on special offer too at superfi.this will give you a much better sound than the cambridge system,good as it is,it is nowhere near the other makes i have mentioned.why not check out their websites and have a tally up of your budget for the speakers.good luck,gregory.psexposure are vey good too.

A

Anonymous

i have a all cambridge audio sistem and still i agree with gregory u can het better for that money

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="toybits"]
Sirs,

I'm just starting out in the hi-fi world, and would be grateful for comments, suggestions or alternatives on what I'm planning to get: Cambridge Audio Azur 640a and Azur 640c, and Dynaudio Focus 110s.

Thank you very much and regards.

[/quote]

Welcome on board!

What is your actual budget? And are you planning to buy all this new? (or are these second-hand picks?).

A

Anonymous

Thanks all for your inputs.

I can get the Focus 110s at around GBP450. My budget is around GBP1000-1300. I'd love to consider your suggestions, unfortunately there are very limited suppliers of hi-fi in my country. So far, I've found Cambridge and Marantz.

Thank you once again for any comments.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="sex"]i have a all cambridge audio sistem and still i agree with gregory u can het better for that money[/quote]

What is it that you dislike about your Cambridge system?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="toybits"]
Thanks all for your inputs.

I can get the Focus 110s at around GBP450. My budget is around GBP1000-1300. I'd love to consider your suggestions, unfortunately there are very limited suppliers of hi-fi in my country. So far, I've found Cambridge and Marantz.

Thank you once again for any comments.
[/quote]

Focus 110s for 450 GBP !! where?

jules.

A

Anonymous

I live in the Philippines. I've converted the prices to GBP. Any idea on what can drive these, and would sound good?

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Well 450 is a great deal. I'd try them out with the Cyrus 8vs amp and CD8x cd player and see what you think. wonder what prices you can get them for? !

jules.

A

Anonymous

Any ideas on what would work well with the Focus110s, limiting the choices between Cambridge Audio, Marantz and Musical Fidelity? Although I must admit I'm quite intimidated with Musical Fidelity, price-wise. Extremely limited choices, I'm afraid.

Thank you once again.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
How is a 2nd hand market over there??? Try to get Harman Kardon HK6080 (around £200 - £300, mint) they will make Dynaudio sing at their best. The other amps that would be a good match for Dyn are Densen, Krell, Exposure (sorry they all quite expensive!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts