Freeview set up

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I have sky.. the old white box which I want to get rid of. And use freeview hd don't mind if its via my tv or I buy a freeview box.

Question is how do I go about doing this ? Can I use the dish which is already up for sky or would I need my own aerial. I live at my old chaps so have my own box etc.. Just want rid basically and use hd freeview in the easiest way I suppose. I have my own wifi which I could use if anyway poss I don't no. I have no idea with all this end of the business.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Yes freeview is with a roof aerial or their is freesat, free to view but you need a satellite dish to watch and a appropiate box or a freesat tv.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Yes freeview is with a roof aerial or their is freesat, free to view but you need a satellite dish to watch and a appropiate box or a freesat tv.

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
simonlewis said:

i have the satellite dish which is connected to my box but I was wanting hd channels really. Didn't no if I could swap my box with a hd one from say currys or use my freeview in my tv

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Aqua said:
Can I use the dish which is already up for sky or would I need my own aerial.

I suspect that the dish which is already up would be suitable for freesat, and you would need a new normal H shaped aerial for freeview. There is considerable overlap between the channels that you can get on freeview and those on freesat, but there are some channels that you can get on freeview that you cannot get on freesat, and vice verso. I'm lucky enough to have both, so I don't use sky. But you may need to get a professional aerial installer to put up a new Freewiew HD aerial.

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I thought I would try and plug the aerial straight into my tv and hey presto it's tuned in and have got a few hd channels aswell great picture. So unplugged my sky box ( big and horrible thing) so now hoping this will wrk

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts