Freeview SD picture quality

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is it just my imagination or has the quality of the Freeview SD picture reduced recently. I have 2 Panasonic 32 inch TV's and on both recently I've noticed a lot of pixilation events. They last less than a second or so but I don't recall seeing them before. Usually a part of the picture background will pixilate momentarily. Note I'm not talking about motion blur - both of my sets suffer this to some extent when looking at faces in close up. I run both sets with P-NR off and sharpness off.

Signal quality and signal strength both 10 out of 10 when I check. Is it possible to have too good a Freeview signal? aerial replaced last year with a "digital TV one" at that time everything was fine.

Don't see the pixilating effect with DVD via component or via HDMI.

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Yes i agree, the quality of Freeview has dipped lately and i too do notice pixelated picture's but i have spoken to a aerial contractor who has filled me in on some news, depending on where your signal come's from, there is some work still being done on the main masts, im from the midlands and the signal over here is not very good at the moment, the aerial contractor told me that the masts over here are running on lower transmition levels until they complete some work that's needed.

The thing is that i do not know if that's the same case for you but if you are coming off the Sutton Coldfield masts in the Midlands, then you are in the same boat as myself.

Regards> M

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
I have read of "too" good a signal somewhere, which goes on to say that it can overload the tuner which can cause problems. How true this is I have no idea.

Mine's a bedroom system run through a Telecam 2001 indoor aerial (amp added). It's placed in the window facing the transmitter which is approximately 9 miles away and it's picture perfect.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies so far.

Was in Comet today (don't ask!!!) and noticed the same effect on several brands of TV that were hooked up to freeview SD.

As an aside also noticed how poorly a lot of the TV pictures were set up. I wonder if Comet do this to push some TV's over other or perhaps they simply cant be bothered.
emotion-6.gif

TRENDING THREADS