Freeview/sat combi-PVRs?

daveloc

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone explain the lack of STB/PVRs that have both Freesat HD and Freeview HD tuning/recording options? e.g., Panasonic's *TVs* have both tuners and can record from either to USB HDD, but on their *PVRs*, it's one tuner type or the other only. Humax "Fox" HDR range is the same — twin Freesat OR twin Freeview.

As far as I'm aware the only options are things like the Technomate TM6902/7102 HD, and those may not be "Freesat/view+" certified devices.

I'm aware that the PVR market has struggled recently, but there may be may be element of chicken-and-egg here: if you buy a device for receiving digital TV you want it to work with whichever service is available, not need replacing if you move to a house or location restricted to the "other" service by coverage or planning issues.

Anyone know if any (more) universal units are expected in 2011?

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
There are some European boxes with Sat and DVB T tuners in them.. i've read a lot about the Edison Argus Mini.. it allows you to have one channel listing with freeview channels and Sat channels listed on it.. but you get no epg.. just now/next info.. it also allows you to record to external USB.. it would be great if a mainstream manufacturer introduced a combined freeview/freesat box.. it would probably need 4 tuners.. two for SAT and two for DVB T... even if you still have to use two seperate epgs.. that wouldnt bother me.. recorded material would then end up in the same location.. like how the current panasonic tvs work..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts