Freeview retuning?

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Yesterday afternoon all freeview tuners were supposed to be retuned as detailed by an on-screen message.

So I checked and channel 5 was not displaying so retuned all my idtv's.
Channel 5 then displays ok.

Today every idtv says I must retune my freeview?
So I retune them all again.
Switch them off and the message is back?

So are we going to get this on screen message for some time whether we have retuned or not?

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Well if you think about it you can get a message on screen about a new channel and you choose to add it or ignore it and then you are not asked again.

So I was thinking that something similar could have been done?

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
emotion-2.gif
Yes but that would be too easy.Don"t forget though some lucky people are still on holiday.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
digigriffin: Well if you think about it you can get a message on screen about a new channel and you choose to add it or ignore it and then you are not asked again.

The message you're talking about comes from the digibox itself, the ones around at the moment are being broadcast over the top of the normal picture. You'd have to expect this to hang around for a few days at least. We had this about 2 months ago when we switched off analogue.

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:digigriffin: Well if you think about it you can get a message on screen about a new channel and you choose to add it or ignore it and then you are not asked again.

The message you're talking about comes from the digibox itself, the ones around at the moment are being broadcast over the top of the normal picture. You'd have to expect this to hang around for a few days at least. We had this about 2 months ago when we switched off analogue.

I get the message pop-up for Fiver and Five USA on my Sony RDR-HXD890 HD/DVD recorder, which can be removed by pressing the yellow button. I'm surprised isn't not clever enough to remember I've previously pressed the yellow button, and therefore not to show it again. Oh well, 99% I use my Sky+ box so hopefully it'll be permanently gone next time I check. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts